Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
I completely agree, same experience for me. Great sled with fast groomed trails but not so great in the rough and sloppy trails. It is a weapon in the right conditions, its a handful when the trails or conditions aren't the best. Great sled never the less love the power and speed but like everything it has its short comings.
I agree also. I had a Turbo, several riding buddies bought them also. I was working my butt of hustling through the twisty bumpy trails. I got tired of it, and went back to 2 stroke. My riding buddies are expressing that they are amazed how much faster I go, easier on the 2 stroke. They ride both the Suzuki and Yamaha turbos. No way I would go back.
Now if I rode wide open trails with sweeping curves the turbo would be an option, but that isn't the trails I ride.
The loudest talker in our group was talking a ton of crap when he bought his sidewinder. He kept up just barely.. He rode my 800 and then my 600. He could actually keep up on the 600 better than his Sidewinder. He commented it was "so easy to ride". He's contemplating going to a 2 stroke as well after riding his sidewinder 1 winter. It seems that some areas are better for the Turbos, some are worse. Where I ride, they aren't the hot set up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ride with a couple other guys and the three of us have winders. We each did the Yamaha 4th wheels. Two of us studded one didn't. We each have the flares to stop getting pelted with snow. I went with curve skis and 6 in woody's slim jims becuase everyone said the tuners suck so Im into Skis, mounts and carbides for $500 bucks. IMO I dont beleive it was worth it. My other two buddies have stock tuners and switched carbides and they have no problems with them at all. They just made adjustments to the suspension and they ride as fast and hard as others.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
All depends on where and how you ride. I had one and it wasn't the right sled for the tighter and very rough trails we ride. I thought I'd be able to just power over everything. Yea you can but you're not doing that for more than a couple hours max. It simple wears you out. I weight train 5 days a week so lets get that out of the way. I don't blame the sled, when I went to an are with wider trails, sweeping corners, and flatter, it was good bye everyone! Power is amazing and it handles stutters very nice.
Couldn't agree more. I split a 600 mile trip between my Dad's Sidewinder LTX and his Vector with EPS this past winter. The SW is a long sled that is heavy and fast. It has all the ingredients to wear you out on tight twisty trails. I could ride the Vector faster on those trails even though it had less power and handled worse.

On big trails, the SW can't be matched. On tight trails, I'll take a light weight 2S all day long.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
I follow a lot of different threads trying to learn and help out guys when I can. And a few of you are completely rediculous with your debates and verbal diarrhea. The OP stated they ordered new sleds and were just wondering if there were any have to mods they should do to be ready to rock for next season. Let's get on track guys, OP congrats on the switch I know you guys will love em and good for you and the old man. my farther is my favorite riding buddy too. I will keep an eye out on hear for ideas you might be interested in

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,951 Posts
I follow a lot of different threads trying to learn and help out guys when I can. And a few of you are completely rediculous with your debates and verbal diarrhea. The OP stated they ordered new sleds and were just wondering if there were any have to mods they should do to be ready to rock for next season. Let's get on track guys, OP congrats on the switch I know you guys will love em and good for you and the old man. my farther is my favorite riding buddy too. I will keep an eye out on hear for ideas you might be interested in

:buttrock:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

I agree about the verbal diarrhea. What a bunch of bull crap! Guys can't wait to put their 2 cents of nonsense in every thread. I'm 63 years old and my Winder never tired me out on any trail. What a bunch of pussies. Oh it tires me out on the tight twisties and blah blah blah.:blahblah1:
The truth is the Winder handles awesome and with the right ski's steers very light and predictable. I can fly through any type trail including tight twisties without ever breaking a sweat and I never get wore out riding it.

To the OP you and your dad will love your Winders and they will be a blast to ride. Good luck and enjoy.:buttrock:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts