Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its almost time and while i have it ripped in pieces im gonna get some parts,
The thing i don't like about the pro-x compared to the xc is maneauverability, sure it rails on corners and handles bumps like mad, but it gets nervous in the technical stuff, side hilling or dumping it on its side in deep powder are out of the question, the xc was like a watercraft throw it around climb 90 degrees sidways and carve until your shoulder touched snow. the pro-x seems like it'll flip in the powder and sidehilling forget it, even getting into a ditch or on a trail at an angle seems impossible, the sled stays flat and puts you back on the road or off the trail, whats up with this??? too tall a sled?? all setting are currently at stock. Sometimes boondocking its required to get the thing onits side around a tree, but even getting close to a tree makes me nervous as its so hard to control, just stays straight and flat, is the susp not coupling or collapsing enough?? Im thinking the softer front arm spring will help, but theres gotta be more
thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Get rid of your swaybar and give that a try. I know what your talking about the xc you can thow on its side and carve powder with little input. A PRO X requires more rider in put because of its agressive stance and nimble handling. Dont forget the pro x was originaly built for .x racing only.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Betram is correct. The heavy duty sway bar prvents the sled from leaning off center. Either remove the sway bar or go to the XC sway bar which is not as stiff.I think SLP makes a kit that allows the stock sway bar to be diconncected when you encounter those situations.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was gonna ask that, if the springs have more effect than the sway bar, Has anyone increased the notch size so the sawy bar comes into effect later??

·
Registered
184 Posts
My .02, my old '00 XC 6 had a sway bar about 5/8" thick. It handled the corners great. My '04 Pro X has a sway bar maybe 1/2" thick and it sits higher. I thought it was very tippy till I got the suspension dialed in. Maybe your Pro X is set up for cornering and may need to be loosend up a bit.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Loosen the front limiter strap, add front shock spring pre-load on the skid, set the rear sissor stops on low, loosen front shock preload. This is the opposite I did to my sled to make it corner better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
As mentioned before, this sled was'nt designed to carve powder, it's made to staightline and corner. however i noticed the same thing after i bought my 03 700 from the original owner. I took it out and it was like riding a rock, just beat the shit right out of ya. Brought home and loosened all the suspension, i mean everything. Front springs and clickers all the way down, scissorstops and rear clikcers almost all the way down. RIDES GREAT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :div20: :smiley-faces7:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts