Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a barb fitting today in 5/16 from NAPA and a 280 Mikuni jet and the jet fits loose in the barbed fitting, I double checked the fuel line size on my sled and it is 5/16. How or where can I get the right barb fitting?

Also what is the size tap I need?

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Just buy the IP kit for $35

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Just buy the IP kit for $35[/b]
No shit. You would have had it in already and saved a return trip to NAPA. Do you also try to make your own two stroke oil at home to save money as well? Take your worn drive belts in for retreading? Sleds and cheap don't mix. LMAO

·
Premium Member
3,411 Posts
spending $35 bucks on a $3.00 hose barb, and $6.00 jet sounds like a stupid ass waste of money to me.
i'd make my own too. many guys on here have.

as long as the jet won't go through the end of the barb, i think it will be fine.
but i'd start with a .300, or a .290 and work down though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No shit. You would have had it in already and saved a return trip to NAPA. Do you also try to make your own two stroke oil at home to save money as well? Take your worn drive belts in for retreading? Sleds and cheap don't mix. LMAO[/b]
As RIPSASS says, WHY would i want to give some guy $45 (price according to IP site) when I can make my own for under $10? As for "Sleds and cheap don't mix" it is the exact SAME PRODUCT in the end. So if you just want to hand out your hard earned cash to everybody, and not have the knowledge to make you own, you can buy one for me! If not keep, your dipshit comments to your self! LMAO! EH?

·
Registered
841 Posts
I never used a hose barb from napa. Your suposed to use the piece from a carb...cant think of what its called, it was a long time ago when I did it. The piece from the carb fits tight but its like 15-20 bucks plus the jet.....I guess that guys kit isnt a bad price after all eh?? cause now your at $6.00 for your barb (garbage) $3.00 for your jet ((likely wrong size)).....still not running.....now $15-20 buck for the right fitting part all the fuel and hassle...........where did you save?? your behind the 8 ball to save nothing

·
Registered
284 Posts
My IP came with 5 jets, .260-.300 too. So when you consider all the running around (my time, gas) for the right cheaper parts, I overpaid a beer or two to accomplish it in less than 5 minutes from my computer.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
spending $35 bucks on a $3.00 hose barb, and $6.00 jet sounds like a stupid ass waste of money to me.
i'd make my own too. many guys on here have.

as long as the jet won't go through the end of the barb, i think it will be fine.
but i'd start with a .300, or a .290 and work down though.[/b]
Because it's not just plug and play, there is some fabrication required and running around to pick up parts, etc. In the end it will probably cost the same or slightly more. Now if the cost was $30 to make and they were selling for $100 then that would be a different story.

·
Registered
392 Posts
No shit. You would have had it in already and saved a return trip to NAPA. Do you also try to make your own two stroke oil at home to save money as well? Take your worn drive belts in for retreading? Sleds and cheap don't mix. LMAO[/b]

He's being resourceful and getting some self satisfaction. These are the guys that invent the things that dumb asses like you are dropping your money on.
Here's a word scramble forya Tkuncfu

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I made my own for about $15.00 Had to buy the tap.Peace,beeler

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For all you moneybags out there don't read this. I just came back from a fluid and air fitting supply shop and found that I can make a pac for under $50. I would like to buy a PAC because of the adjustability without taking the fuel line off, but if I can make it for less than 1/2 the $$.........that is just more $$ to pay for the gouging we ALL are taking at the Fuel pump to ride this season.

FOR the moneybags, you guys are the kind of people that guys like me get very rich from.......so, thank you and keep being ignorant...........LMAO

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
For all you moneybags out there don't read this. I just came back from a fluid and air fitting supply shop and found that I can make a pac for under $50. I would like to buy a PAC because of the adjustability without taking the fuel line off, but if I can make it for less than 1/2 the $$.........that is just more $$ to pay for the gouging we ALL are taking at the Fuel pump to ride this season.

FOR the moneybags, you guys are the kind of people that guys like me get very rich from.......so, thank you and keep being ignorant...........LMAO[/b]
So you are handy, ignorant and cocky. Not a bad combo but I probably make more money than you do, my sled's probably faster and I'll bet my girlfriend is a hell of a lot better looking and way better in bed than yours too.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
He's being resourceful and getting some self satisfaction. These are the guys that invent the things that dumb asses like you are dropping your money on.
Here's a word scramble forya[/b]

Tkuncfu
Thankyou kindly uncle Confucius.... shouldn't it be dumb asses like you and me after all you bought a cat too....

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Damn - Its not rocket science - I think i invested about $5 - $7 total
290 jet $2
Fuel hose and clamps $5
Tap i already had

Fuel hose is 5/16" - Garbage
Replaced it with some Gates fuel injection hose 5/16" and some high pressure fuel injection hose clamps

And like stated 1/4" brass coupler - If you were to use a 5/16" coupler , the inside hole is to big for the main jet to thread
Have to use 1/4" and tap it , to accept the main jet

There is a good post under Crossfire about the inline fuel reducer and Arcticchat.com also

I got about 600 miles using the 290 jet and plug color is fantastic - Piston wash slightly on the rich side - 2006 Crossfire 700
Really cleaned up the throttle response - Might still try the 280 jet
Scott

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So you are handy, ignorant and cocky. Not a bad combo but I probably make more money than you do, my sled's probably faster and I'll bet my girlfriend is a hell of a lot better looking and way better in bed than yours too.[/b]
O.K..................How about we get back on topic here, I can see that this could really get out of hand here.
So Catdog800...Let's review the no bashing policy stated above and just end these ridiculous comments between you (47) and me (35).

Have Good Day.

·
Registered
841 Posts
O.K..................How about we get back on topic here, I can see that this could really get out of hand here.
So Catdog800...Let's review the no bashing policy stated above and just end these ridiculous comments between you (47) and me (35).

Have Good Day.[/b]
:popcorn:

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
I was going to make mine but figured I'd stay at work an hour longer and pay for that way. Kudo's for doing it yourself though. :beer_cheers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts