Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do u guys know of any mods ppl in snowcross do to make their firecats more riderforward? im thinking of mods like rerouting the steeringbar, smaller tank, moving seat more forward etc.. would really like to see some pictures of these kind of mods..

thanks,
andreas

edit; also, has anyone tried to put a 04-06 snopro 440 seat n tank on a firecat?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I added an 8" riser and tilted it forward last year. Makes the steering a bit different, but I did get used to it. Seat was way low when sitting though. Added a Boss Highrise this year. Together it should be about perfect, but we'll see...

It would be nice to mount the steering stem further forward, but I have yet to see anyone do it -- looks like it would be difficult.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im running the riser tilted forward too..

anyone who g ot pics of firecats with aluminium tanks please post!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Boss highrise is the best mod money can buy and as close to a rev or Sno Pro as you will get. You can ride right up by the gas cap if you want. I really like mine. Unfortunatly I don't have a good pic of it.

<that's the only pic I got and you can't see it very well.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
[attachment=101676:attachment][[attachment=101685:attachment]]Ilike my custom seat ,4" taller greatly improved ride w/ iso vibe riser

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
how the frig did u make that/ looks cool

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Originally posted by nikstrik7@Oct 5 2005, 07:59 PM
[attachment=101676:attachment][[attachment=101685:attachment]]Ilike my custom seat ,4" taller greatly improved ride w/ iso vibe riser
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=910985
[/quote]

Sharp looking sled...and I'm not even a big fan of green and that looks good. :beerchug:

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
I thought someone here put the 05 sno-pro steering on their firecat. That will help for sure.

If not that get a high seat and a riser. Or a REV.

·
Registered
60 Posts
One thing I have yet to see and it somewhat suprises me is adding a u-joint to the steering shaft so you can add some angle without running into the engine. They make fairly cheap and easy to adapt U-joints for steering on vehicles...they are prolly rather heavy though. An aluminum equivalent would be snazzy. Who's going to man up and build one? :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You can buy the 04 tank and instrument colum, belly pans, hood, seat and bolt it all on. I beleive you can buy the 05 steering colum then and run it over the motor instead of beside, but your going to have problems with the pipe hitting the steering shaft right under where the lights would go, and need to notch the pipe or build a new one. Also your going to need to run PIAA lights because i dont think you can get lights in the new style hoods.

Hopefully this helps a bit

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
" You can buy the 04 tank and instrument colum, belly pans, hood, seat and bolt it all on. I beleive you can buy the 05 steering colum then and run it over the motor instead of beside, but your going to have problems with the pipe hitting the steering shaft right under where the lights would go, and need to notch the pipe or build a new one. Also your going to need to run PIAA lights because i dont think you can get lights in the new style hoods.

Hopefully this helps a bit "

zeppelin thanks, u scared me from putting the snopro seat and tank on.. i think im gonna make my own seatmod.. im only keepin the 6 for this winter.. next year ill be on a snopro 600mod.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where do you guys buy your Boss seats? I've searched online and haven't been able to get anywhere.

Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts