·
Registered
6,951 Posts
I would guess that something like this is ruled out then

Getting it hooked up Gearing and Clutching it.. You can always
removing rotating mass as in the Brake Rotor and Hub would help

depends on what you mean as in faster?? Topend faster / more MPH
or Getting to top end faster?

Whats the current state of tune clutching gearing jetting studs track lug height
any mods to the motor at all..

guys here should be able to help

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Big bore! :) I think you can go to a 780 and still use stock cylinders.

Honestly I have seen a few stockers run well when dialed in. You might be able to give them a good run for 750' but you're not going to run with them on the big end. The Edge chassis just doesn't have the legs.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
hide this somewhere :got_nx:[/b]
I did, but they new something was was under there. :banana:

·
Executive Administrative Asst.
68,445 Posts
i have a 95 storm 800 triple,geared,clutched,jetted well ,about 140 hp.

i doubt i can touch a f7 and iam not a fan of ac by any means.....good luck

·
Registered
307 Posts
You will pretty much need to set it up like the F7. A race sled. Twin pipes, clutched, jetted, ported and perf. head and I don't have any problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how should i set up the clutches what weights springs.geared 24-41 have decker pipes but they are so load need to buy different silencers what will it take to be faster by faster i want it to be quick to a hundred dont care if it goes any faster than that thanks

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
how should i set up the clutches what weights springs.geared 24-41 have decker pipes but they are so load need to buy different silencers what will it take to be faster by faster i want it to be quick to a hundred dont care if it goes any faster than that thanks[/b]
Oh I thought you wanted it to look stock. I don't know much about the Decker pipes but I know the SLPs and Dynoports work well. I myself would go with Dynoports as they have leaner jetting and run at a lower rpm. Porting/headwork and spot on jetting(use a variflow or powerjets) with good clutching will get you there. And after all this make sure you can HOOK IT UP. Drags are usually won in the first 60'.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the same motor as you except different carb set-up. I have no problem keeping up or beating the all mighty f7. I have a pipe, head, reeds, reprogramed cdi, clutch, studs, etc. If you were to look under my hood all you would notice is the single pipe and tempaflo. Now if your racing a well tuned or modded f7 than thats a different story. If I were you I would start out with clutching and jetting than add a pipe. Of course this is all after you've added studs of course. I would give you some clutching ideas but I have a TEAM on mine and you dont. Hope this helps.
1QuickProX

·
Registered
2019 SBA 850, 2012 SBA 800, 2002 700 XCSP, 1992 Polaris Indy 500 EFI
199 Posts
Sooooo, stock sled for stock sled the F7's blow any Polaris 7's out of the water? What makes them so damn fast? What are they giving up to get all that speed? Seems like all they talk about in the F series forums is draggin' this modded 800 or that modded 1000, etc, etc.. Of course it seems they rarely lose!

I don't see many references to Poos being involved in these races.. Are there not as many of them nationally, or do Polaris riders know what they have and don't feel the need to go out and prove it in a race? :smilielol:

That's what I'll hold onto for now.. Hate to think I'm running 4th in a 4 horse race!

Of course, in MN we don't have to worry about it.. Mine sure sounds nice idling in the garage praying for snow!

:div20: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm with 1quickprox. The single pipe with all the mods he has stated above works real well. I have virtually the same setup in my rmk except for track ( 136x1.5x14) and seems to run real well. We do alot of field racing and I have run into alot of f7's . The sled so far has been better then the ones I have run into , but I'm sure there are faster ones out there.....LOL!
Regardless, racing the sled in stock class for years , it still did quite well and with the right clutching and gearing WILL run with the higher hp cats. That is stock motor against stock motor , stock cdi, no advance keys.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Sooooo, stock sled for stock sled the F7's blow any Polaris 7's out of the water? What makes them so damn fast? What are they giving up to get all that speed? Seems like all they talk about in the F series forums is draggin' this modded 800 or that modded 1000, etc, etc.. Of course it seems they rarely lose!

I don't see many references to Poos being involved in these races.. Are there not as many of them nationally, or do Polaris riders know what they have and don't feel the need to go out and prove it in a race? :smilielol:

That's what I'll hold onto for now.. Hate to think I'm running 4th in a 4 horse race!
Of course, in MN we don't have to worry about it.. Mine sure sounds nice idling in the garage praying for snow!
:div20: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:[/b]
They are giving up in order to have the speed they have, 1. STRENTH arctic cat shaved lots of pounds off and it shows once you get a few hard miles on it, it shows alot. 1. RELIABLITY they arnt that bad of a engine, but 60% of the time a poo 700 will outlast a f7 engine in the long run...ALL THE time.

·
Registered
611 Posts
You can beat a stock f7 with a stock 02 700 with stock pipe and some resistance clutching, I ran 52/38 helix and 72 gram weights and vf3's ,I use to beat on them on the lake drag racing and radar runs.Then I bought my disapointment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.