Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just turned in my free oil coupon. Went to the first dealer and he gave me a bottle of the non-synthetic APV oil. I called him on it and he got indignant and said "this is all we have left, it is exactly the same". I turned and left and went to another AC dealer who did the same thing. When I called him on it he went to the back and got me some synthetic. He apologized and said he didn't realize they had put the old stuff out. I think both were trying to get rid of the old stuff and because they are giving it away "free", they thought we wouldn't notice. Make sure the oil you get says SYNTHETIC over the APV logo or you are getting the old, crappy oil.

By the way neither one of these dealers was the dealer I bought my sled from. He is two hours away and it is not worth the drive for "free" oil.

·
Registered
70 Posts
gotta agree there......if its the SAME thing....why does AC charge $32/gallon for APV oil.....and $19/gallon for the same stuff in a different bottle???

Maybe those APV labels are REALLY expensive??

·
Registered
629 Posts
Originally posted by the snowman@Mar 5 2003, 01:16 PM
I just turned in my free oil coupon. Went to the first dealer and he gave me a bottle of the non-synthetic APV oil. I called him on it and he got indignant and said "this is all we have left, it is exactly the same". I turned and left and went to another AC dealer who did the same thing. When I called him on it he went to the back and got me some synthetic. He apologized and said he didn't realize they had put the old stuff out. I think both were trying to get rid of the old stuff and because they are giving it away "free", they thought we wouldn't notice. Make sure the oil you get says SYNTHETIC over the APV logo or you are getting the old, crappy oil.

By the way neither one of these dealers was the dealer I bought my sled from. He is two hours away and it is not worth the drive for "free" oil.
My dealer is trading the coupon for a gallon of amsoil. He won't sell the junk that arctic has. Plus he sells amsoil at 21 a gallon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts