Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I bought the wife a F5, and I have to tell you, i really like it. I have a new RX-1 and am glad to have a Firecat in the garage to play with. Heres the deal, I do lots of clutch work on Yamaha and Polaris sleds, so I have them figured out. I am wondering who here has messed with there F5's to get them a little quicker. Is it realistic to expect to run with a XC600 or not. I have seen guys put a 51/53 Helix, remove a couple of shims from the secondary and Jet down with good success. Is there anything better that that available. I have a set of heavy hitters i can pick up cheap from SimonsCPR, but want to check with you guys first. Can anyone tell me how far I can take the jetting down. The sled will be riding in elevations less than 1000 for the most part, Central and Northern Wisconsin. Id love to beat my buds with my wifes sled. Thanks for the help...BBY

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Are you sure you don't want to work on the RX-1 ton so it will run closer to the F-7. Just kidding :p . Talk to a good dealer. They will probably tell you how far down you can go. I wouldn't trust anyone else unless they have EGT's. Let me be the one to tell you that the 600 XC's can be really fast. I have a buddy that has a 02 edge with the 1.25" sneaker and it would run dead even with my 800 zr up to like 70 or so. You better clutch it for low end or mid range. Hopefully you have the 1.375 track. Good luck. I hope my 02 sno pro will get that 600 at least down low.
Cat S.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I ride everything . Got F7s now & 2 years ago had a xcsp 600 no way a F5 will run with it , save your money 103 hp & 115 hp

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have both, a 2001 600xcsp and a F5, and have raced them side by side (on lake Winnebago in WI) in near perfect conditions, and the 600 is about 3 mph faster on top end, 108 to 105 over the F5. Both are bone stock including factory jetting, with studs on both (192 for the 600 and 136 on the F5). I think I could squeeze another 1-2 mph out of the 5 with jets, and plan to do that this weekend. Keep in mind that the Pol 600 is a monster motor, and really is the class of that field. Just to run close is quite an accomplishment.

·
Registered
256 Posts
1000' race. My buddies 2001 XCSP 600 against my F5 snopro. Beat him by 3 sled lengths. That was stock. This weekend I am taking it to the dealers to get the oil pump turned down. Shims out of the clutch. ( dealer said that this makes a big difference), and throttle cable adjusted. My carbs are not opening all the way at full throttle. I was going to put the 53/51 helix in, but my dealer said to wait until I try it without the shims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts