Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pebbles
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeing weather forecasts of possible 60's in the Boston area beginning of next week! :cussing:

Accuweather / Wunderground / Weather.com are all over the place with the Maine forecasts... anyone have any ideas on how bad this thaw will be?

·
Registered
300 Posts
From what I've seen/heard, it's only supposed to get into the low 40's, so hopefully it'll only serve to help tighten up the snow pack and keep solidifying the base.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Solid 3' on the ground here with 4'+ drifts - so we could easily take a pack down of 1' and still be great. We just really need the cold up here (Millinocket) to set some of the water - the streams, mud holes, lakes. Even for ice fishing - just a lot of early snow before most everything had a chance to freeze up solid......

·
Registered
876 Posts
Trails are always kinda rough in central maine, but we currently have a ton of mud holes and wash outs. The last few days should give us good riding tonight and hopefully tomorrow morning, but next week is going to be terrible. Remember it hit 57 last january 6th in Winthrop.

·
Registered
428 Posts
that doesnt seem bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS.
LOWS 4 TO 9 ABOVE. LIGHT WINDS.

.SATURDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE
WINDS.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW
SHOWERS. LOWS 14 TO 19. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.

.SUNDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE
WINDS.
.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING SOUTHWEST AROUND 10 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.MONDAY...A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN AND LIGHT SLEET IN THE MORNING.
CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS. HIGHS AROUND 40. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT.
.MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE MID 20S.

.TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON.
HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.

.TUESDAY NIGHT...A CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS IN THE EVENING. CLOUDY
WITH A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN. LOWS IN THE MID 20S. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 50 PERCENT.

.WEDNESDAY...A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN IN THE MORNING. CLOUDY WITH A
CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. CHANCE OF

.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A 50 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS.
LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S.

.THURSDAY...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER
30S. CHANCE OF SNOW 40 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT.
LOWS 10 TO 15. CHANCE OF SNOW 30 PERCENT.

.FRIDAY...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. A CHANCE OF FREEZING
RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. CHANCE OF

·
Registered
141 Posts
.WEDNESDAY...A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN IN THE MORNING. CLOUDY WITH A
CHANCE OF RAIN SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 40 PERCENT. [/color][/b]
I think Wednesday is going to be the worst part with rain everywhere including the mountains.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Good News. Warm up occurs during the week. Bad news is the washouts and water holes will be back until we get another deep freeze.

I just got back from a week in Jackman and it could not have been better. 2 feet of snow fell while we were there. Groomers and cold weather setup the trails for near perfect conditions. Temps ranged from 20 above to almost 20 below. Lots of snow.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I rode sround So. Maine yesterday and the water holes where all closed up, this warm up will open everything back up around here and make it tough going. Lets hope that the mix coming next weekend ends up being snow!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
From what I've seen/heard, it's only supposed to get into the low 40's, so hopefully it'll only serve to help tighten up the snow pack and keep solidifying the base.[/b]
What a dick you are. I just noticed the signature. Don't know any better MY ASS. That fat cat can keep right up with a bigger motored SKI-DONKEY. But atleast you called me a friend. :smiley-faces7:

·
Registered
300 Posts
What a dick you are. I just noticed the signature. Don't know any better MY ASS. That fat cat can keep right up with a bigger motored SKI-DONKEY. But atleast you called me a friend. :smiley-faces7:[/b]

ROF LMAO....Was wondering how long it was gonna take you to notice my signature....whats your mailing adrress? Wanna send you a case of Vlasics to keep in the trunk of that ditch pickle you got....

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
ROF LMAO....Was wondering how long it was gonna take you to notice my signature....whats your mailing adrress? Wanna send you a case of Vlasics to keep in the trunk of that ditch pickle you got....[/b]
I got your pickle big guy. When you gonna get some miles in? I'm over 700 already this season....... Oh yeah, gotta remember what you ride.

·
Pebbles
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Evil... do me a favor and update this thread periodically. I am supposed to be coming up Thursday afternoon.

Hopefully there will be something left.

And then came the rain...........Major melting going on. I dont like this shit![/b]

·
Registered
838 Posts
Very warm here now with alot of melting. Trails in West Paris were horrid, and will be worse now. Greenwood to Bethal was descent this past weekend. Not looking good for this weekend though.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Rode out of Spruce Meadow Cabins Dec. 29th thru Jan. 5th.

Near perfect conditions with almost 1,000 miles ridden to start this season off right.

I thought wow over the years I have been pretty hard on Mother Nature and maybe I should put in a good word for her but once again she pumps us up only to make the fall that much harder to take.

There is going to be a cross between Snowmobile and ATV mud to deal with now. Hopefully the traffic is lite every where this week and weekend and the groomer gods can get things back in order once the cold come s back.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hey it sucks but it still beats last year and the year before - grin and "Beer" it, it will get better. Till then "BEER" it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts