Hardcore Sledder banner

Maine thank you for ruining snowmobiling for me

6K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  XRSTURBO 
#1 ·
Ok, ok so the post title was some click bait haha. This past year we made the long haul from Western NY to check out the County Maine. And boy did it ruin snowmobiling for me here in NY!! Really enjoyed the people, the scenery, and the snow/trails. Really hopeful that we are fortunate enough to make a return trip to your great state and trail system this coming winter, as it was well worth the time and money! Hopefully you find my click bait amusing, bored as heck with this pandemic and just wanted to have a little fun expressing my first time experience in your state/trails.

#18 ·
Bracebridge Ontario is less than 8 hours from me. It's really a nice place to ride from with lots of services nearby and a motel on the trail. But, snow has been a problem the last 10 years there. Like we've seen locally in upper Pa and NY. But, they do groom a lot there when it was good.

Steve

#20 ·
The two don't compare. From what I rode in Maine, the trails were wide, flat and fast. Tug Hill trails are definitely narrower than Maine. Tug Hill trails get pretty crowded, as many times that is the only place in the state that has snow. The clubs do a good job grooming, it just gets so busy on weekends or low snow times.

#21 ·
Last year was my first trip to Maine and I agree it really has ruined Tug Hill for me and we are already planning the next trip in January. This past year we went to Ft. Kent and had a great time and this year we are going to Millinocket.
NY is great if you love to go Bar to Bar but if you want to put on huge miles Tug Hill is not the best choice. Other areas of NY you can put on more miles but very impressed with Maine. FYI, I thought the trails would be much wider but in Ft. Kent area they were tight but still wider than Tug hill.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.