Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ok so the post title was some click bait haha. This past year we made the long haul from Western NY to check out the County Maine. And boy did it ruin snowmobiling for me here in NY!! Really enjoyed the people, the scenery, and the snow/trails. Really hopeful that we are fortunate enough to make a return trip to your great state and trail system this coming winter, as it was well worth the time and money! Hopefully you find my click bait amusing, bored as heck with this pandemic and just wanted to have a little fun expressing my first time experience in your state/trails.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The old saying is . . . . . . . once you ride the county . . . . you are NEVER the same !!!!!!!!!:bc::bc:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Don't forget the katahdin and Jo Mary regions! I'm a little biased but I think it's as good as you can find.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, ok so the post title was some click bait haha. This past year we made the long haul from Western NY to check out the County Maine. And boy did it ruin snowmobiling for me here in NY!! Really enjoyed the people, the scenery, and the snow/trails. Really hopeful that we are fortunate enough to make a return trip to your great state and trail system this coming winter, as it was well worth the time and money! Hopefully you find my click bait amusing, bored as heck with this pandemic and just wanted to have a little fun expressing my first time experience in your state/trails.
I made the trek to The County this past season also. 633 miles one way from Northern N.J.. Was it worth it, YUP.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Im in WNY too, how long a drive was it pulling a trailer?

·
Registered
900T XRS
67 Posts
I made the trek to The County this past season also. 633 miles one way from Northern N.J.. Was it worth it, YUP.
The ride is not that bad.
I do it a couple time a season.
Where are you in North Jersey?

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
The County does a great job........Then you ride Quebec.......
Man, I must not have rode far enough into Quebec because I rode there twice this year I didn't find one thing about it nicer than Northern Maine. Unless you are a 4 wheeler. Those trails with the blue stakes seem to get groomed twice as much as the sled trails.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I can make it from Lockport in 15-16 hours with the trailer, I stay in Eagle Lake, I am hoping to go back in January, at least 4 days in the county,last year my mileage in N.Y. was well below my normal.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I can make it from Lockport in 15-16 hours with the trailer, I stay in Eagle Lake, I am hoping to go back in January, at least 4 days in the county,last year my mileage in N.Y. was well below my normal.

I did not put 1 mile on in NY last year. 2024 miles and all of them in Ontario

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ontario is much closer, bought my tags for both sleds, never made it ,just did not want to go alone, so I rode Wyoming county and tug hill,

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was like 14 hours, that is staying all state side, if you want to cut across Canada it can be done shorter per qps. My Chevy gas tank is only 24 gallons so we had to stop quite a bit for gas since we were only getting 8-9 mpg. Had we taken my brothers truck with the 30+ gallon tank that would have shaved time off for sure. That was going all the way up to Fort Kent as well. We enjoyed staying there but might shoot for a little further south next time, but I did enjoy Fort Kent, it had all 4 OEMs if someone needed something from the dealership as well as plenty of gas stations, stores, restaurants, etc. So one would be well equipped if you needed anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts