Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive always been a proponent of buying from my local dealer. After all, they help me and I help them stay in business. However, I found a MX style helmet on www.ridegear.com for half what my dealer could sell it for so I ordered it on-line. The website stated the helmet ships within 2 days and a confirmation email will go out when it does ship. Its been almost two weeks now and it still hasnt shipped. Ive sent several emails to the customer service dept which have gone unanswered. Ive called their 1-800 number several times and each time I get a computer message saying large call volume and they can not take my call. I then sent another email asking to cancel the order, to which I have had no reply, and my credit card has been charged. A simple email stating it is backordered would suffice, however, no correspondance at all bothers me.

Lesson to learn, the best deal isnt always the best deal. Id rather have paid more for the helmet at my dealer and avoid the hassle. Use caution when ordering from ridegear.com

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Contact your credit card company and file a complaint for failure to receive your helmet, they'll make noise after that.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ive always been a proponent of buying from my local dealer. After all, they help me and I help them stay in business. However, I found a MX style helmet on www.ridegear.com for half what my dealer could sell it for so I ordered it on-line. The website stated the helmet ships within 2 days and a confirmation email will go out when it does ship. Its been almost two weeks now and it still hasnt shipped. Ive sent several emails to the customer service dept which have gone unanswered. Ive called their 1-800 number several times and each time I get a computer message saying large call volume and they can not take my call. I then sent another email asking to cancel the order, to which I have had no reply, and my credit card has been charged. A simple email stating it is backordered would suffice, however, no correspondance at all bothers me.

Lesson to learn, the best deal isnt always the best deal. Id rather have paid more for the helmet at my dealer and avoid the hassle. Use caution when ordering from ridegear.com[/b]
Another internet sales wannabe.
Here is the "owner" and his phone number (if it's a legit number):

Domain Name.......... ridegear.com
Creation Date........ 1999-08-27
Registration Date.... 2003-06-27
Expiry Date.......... 2008-08-27
Organisation Name.... Ed Dodd (RIDEGEAR-DOM)
Organisation Address. 121 DuBois Street
Organisation Address. _
Organisation Address. Santa Cruz
Organisation Address. 95060
Organisation Address. Ca
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Ed Dodd
Admin Address........ 121 DuBois Street
Admin Address........ _
Admin Address........ Santa Cruz
Admin Address........ 95060
Admin Address........ Ca
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... 408)781-2928

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Both are good info to have. Just hate to see someone else get in this same jam.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I found a way to get the best price without the worries. Just google the product you want, find the absolute lowest price, and then call Dennis Kirk. They will beat any price by a $1 on items over $100. Just saved me $60 off a chatterbox setup I was after. Just call them with the other websites address and price. They will confirm it and then beat it and I have never had an issue with DK. You can always get someone on the phone with no wait and they ship the same day. On your issue, I agree with calling the credit card company. They will resolve it right away. I've had to do it once myself.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

Lesson to learn, the best deal isnt always the best deal. Id rather have paid more for the helmet at my dealer and avoid the hassle. Use caution when ordering from ridegear.com[/b]
Same thing happened to me.. three weeks after it was supposed to ship I finally got a hold of someone on a cell phone in a car (800 number).. I could hear the radio... told them to cancel my order... Then I went to Dennis Kirk and got what I ordered in three days.

Right up there with the worst of the worst.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
hmm, not that Im singing ridegears praise but I ordered from them and it took a while but I got it without any issues and didnt have a problem with anything. Thats weird, oh well. I like the DK idea though
Brad

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I don't think they stock one singe item. What they do is order from the manufacturer when they get an order. If the manufacturer is out of stock or behind the buyer is screwed. The worst part is they deceptively put ships in X days or currently in stock when it is not. In addition, regardless of what day or time you call you will always get the "heavy call volume message" since it is on like an auto answer or auto attendant message. I doubt anyone here could give me an extension of one person at ridegear so the dial your parties extension is a crock of S^&t as well. Apparently they get away with it or they wouldn't still be in business if that is what you want to call it.

If you read the posts here the common message is how long it took. I think it boils down to the patient ones are ok with ridegear. The ones that want the product shipped in a reasonable time frame considering the product is "in stock ready to ship" will not put up with waiting three-four weeks to get the product.

This is all personal opinion and I could be wrong but I don't think so.

Slimy Slimy Slimy! I hate deceptive people or companies...

Someone should email [email protected] and send him this link... I do wonder what response we would get? Whatever the response I am sure it would be colorful.

·
Registered
76 Posts
interesting post here! i too ordered a hjc helmet from them on the 19th of december. i just received it this week. i also had problems getting through over the phone. for 2 days i hammered the 1-800 number until i got a real person. i think i got about 4-5 different greetings when i called. major PITA. i think they have 1 customer service rep there. my .02

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After I made the original post, I thought I may have been too harsh. Apparently not. These forums are a great way to protect yourself. Kind of like the feedback on Ebay. What a great concept. If this post saves one person the PITA, then its worth it. As for BIGUMs, sounds like you had some good luck, maybe you should by a lottery ticket :)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
RideGear site looks like it operates under like 4 different domains....I'm a DK fan myself...like their new ship back policy for $6.95 if you mess up however large a box you can ups it back for $6.95 & credit your card the same day. Try shipping something back to ridegear...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
RideGear site looks like it operates under like 4 different domains....I'm a DK fan myself...like their new ship back policy for $6.95 if you mess up however large a box you can ups it back for $6.95 & credit your card the same day. Try shipping something back to ridegear...[/b]
Tundra,

I agree with your comments on Dennis Kirk. Awesome site, easy to order, a boot load of stuff and super shipping! This is probably one of the best sites I go to.. not always the cheapest but on the items they are a little high on it's usually not enough to send me to someone else.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have found good prices from the following company and shipping was faster than I thought it would be.

http://www.jrgraham.com/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts