Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
They will be January 13th if they are a go. There is a dance Friday, derby Saturday, and hopefully drags on Sunday. Some guys were saying we need some cold weather to thicken the ice up a little more so we'll see I guess.

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
lakes in the ducks are all over the place. some are really thick, some are only 8 inchs.

they should be good for racing but i would leave the trucks near the shore line

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
R there going too be races in Madge lake this month

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just spoke with Gary the contact for the Madge races and the bad news is the races are cancelled due to not enough ice under the snow. He said that they may be a go at a later date !

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
I just spoke with Gary the contact for the Madge races and the bad news is the races are cancelled due to not enough ice under the snow. He said that they may be a go at a later date ![/b]
is it not enough ice under the snow for the trucks? cause we've been riding/fishing in the area and on the mb side and theres 18-22 inchs on most lakes

·
Registered
188 Posts
I guess for trucks, trailers, groomer. I didn't ask a much more than if they where going to reschedule for a differnt date and he said possibly!

I first had called the lodge and they tought that the races were still on, but they gave me Gary's number and I spoke to him and he said not due to the ice.

Gary's number at work is 1-306-542-4455 Gary is the contact person on the poster !

Hopefully they will be able to reschedule sooner then later !

·
Premium Member
31,899 Posts
keep the trucks in the parking lot and just run a smaller groomer up and down the track. no need to have all the trucks and trailers on the ice

·
Registered
890 Posts
keep the trucks in the parking lot and just run a smaller groomer up and down the track. no need to have all the trucks and trailers on the ice[/b]

This is a big event, around 100 sleds, 300+ people, you need good ice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts