Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a mach z with a 440 polaris motor it still has the original secondary clutch when im going up hills she loses power and wont move and you can smell the drive belt burning .do you know what could be causing this and what i can do to fix it any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would put a Mach Z motor in it.......

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
If want help, you're gonna have to get specific... List every thing you have done. Donor sled (make, model, year) state of engine well being, current sled, make model, year. Have you changed anything? Does it still have the pipe that came with the 440?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the 440 is in need of carb work, the primary clutch needs a tune up, too much belt clearance, too much deflection, wrong center to center distance for the clutch, too much secondary helix and too tall of gear? It takes a lot of things working against you for the sled to not even go up a hill.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
If want help, you're gonna have to get specific... List every thing you have done. Donor sled (make, model, year) state of engine well being, current sled, make model, year. Have you changed anything? Does it still have the pipe that came with the 440?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the 440 is in need of carb work, the primary clutch needs a tune up, too much belt clearance, too much deflection, wrong center to center distance for the clutch, too much secondary helix and too tall of gear? It takes a lot of things working against you for the sled to not even go up a hill.[/b]
what he said!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts