Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of getting rid of my 05 f7 sno-pro and going with a sled that actually handles. im a pretty big guy 6'3 250 lbs what do you think will be beter for me the mach z or the dragon....i do almost all trail riding only in quebec. im leaning towards the dragon but 170 hp is hard to not want

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The new F series is "better than or as good as a Rev" is what I am hearing. I hear the Mach feels heavy in the front. I hear the Dragon handles very well. If you want max HP AND good handling, why not an F 1000???

This is based only on what I read.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have an 07 Renegade and a good buddy bought a new 07 crossfire. They both handle just fine, dont really put it in the class of the REV. Not saying its soo much better, just would rather run a Rev. The crossfire is a nice sled though, if the tunnel doesent start to tear and rip???? Getting the word that they might have a little defect in manufacturing? You guys been reading about that?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Unless you are a lake running, top speed guy than i think you would be happier with the dragon it will easily keep up with a mach in the trails and when it gets rough you'll be glad you got the dragon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah thats kinda what im thinking, i neeeever lake ride. but i really only ride in canada and most winters when we acutualy have snow you dont need a ditch banger since the trails are always perfect. if i still rode in nh then i would def get the dragon.

·
Registered
26,151 Posts
get the dragon if you value handling. the mach z is in the RT chassis and is a trail cruiser/lake racer.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the way dragons handle. As far as the mach Z, they like to push in corners is what some guys have said. I would pick the Dragon

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm a polaris rider through and through, for my type of riding that i do now, i'd do a mach z, if i was a rough trail, or off trail rider at all, i'd do the dragon. I've ridden the z for quite a few miles before, and on good trials there's nothing like that kind of power. didn't notice any push, but like i said it was on good trails.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
im thinking of getting rid of my 05 f7 sno-pro and going with a sled that actually handles. im a pretty big guy 6'3 250 lbs what do you think will be beter for me the mach z or the dragon....i do almost all trail riding only in quebec. im leaning towards the dragon but 170 hp is hard to not want[/b]

It is a quick-revving engine, spinning briskly up to 8250 RPM. It winds up to peak RPM faster than say a Firecat 700, and has a whisker more power on top. Probably three-four horse would be best guess right now, @ 140+ HP. We’ll see. The midrange pull is said to be 15% stronger than the 600 at 6500 RPM, right where you do a lot of riding

The rear of the sled looks rather unfinished. Maybe a bit too RAW for MY liking, but air don’t weigh nothin’, now does it? That’s the point. The dry weight spec of the Dragon is 476 pounds. In the day of heavy EPA certified sleds, here is one that is just as light as any of the best cross country 2-strokes, and is EPA-compliant.

What really makes this sled unique are the Walker Evans “Needle” shocks, remote reservoir clicker units from the race department. The tuning needles provide great latitude in calibration, allowing maximum tunability and adjustability as well as extreme durability. The Polaris calibration guys were giddy about what they could do and have done with these shocks, and the sled responds in kind with a balanced performance envelope that is appropriate for the intended crowd.,once you get the preload set for your weight the shock valving can be dialed to your liking. Very sweet

The ease of steering is a nice change from 2006 models and the ride of the rear suspension is probably the best from Polaris for this segment. The most noticeable thing detected was a lack of precision handling when it came to initial turn in. The Dragons just didn’t have that planted railing feeling one gets from other sleds

A 140+ HP EPA compliant 2-stroke with trick shocks that comes in at only 476 pounds?..or ..a..

....Mach Z. A semi-direct fuel injected 1000 that produces 170 HP…so what do we want to DOO?

The Ski-Doo Mach Z is the most powerful snowmobile money can buy.

·
Registered
84 Posts
rode a demo dragon all last saturday, and I love it. Best handling sled I've every been on. If you value the ride over how fast you get there, you can't go wrong with the dragon, not to say it isn't quick but it's not going to keep up the the MachZ.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.