Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone moved the front torqe arm to the upper hole on the rails? The upper hole reduces ski presure but I don't know if it cause more push or what else it might efect. Any info on this would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,316 Posts
Has anyone moved the front torqe arm to the upper hole on the rails? The upper hole reduces ski presure but I don't know if it cause more push or what else it might efect. Any info on this would be helpful.[/b]

Using the upper pair of holes in the slide rail to attach the lower shaft of the front torque arm, has the benefit of more consistent track tension throughout the full range of travel. This is something that I routinely do, so I can run minimum track tension, and still not have track ratcheting under hard acceleration. The front limiter strap effect/adjustment is not changed.

It does reduce ski pressure. If you are running now, with the bare minimum ski pressure for good handling, this will cause push. If you have excessive ski pressure at this time, as many do, you may be able to make this change, and having steering effort reduce without push.

Back off all the way on the track adjusters before attempting this change (you will have to readjust track tension when done anyway). It may be helpful to use wood blocks to keep the bottom of the front torque arm from dropping when the bolt is removed. Putting a block under the track, below the coupling blocks, will help compress the rear torque arm, which will help move the rail back, so that the bolt can be reinstalled in the new position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.