Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a smokin deal on a M-10 rear suspension and I wanna put it on the T-cat. Anybody ever do this before? I want to know if it's still gonna lift the skis. As it sits now I get alot of lift. This mod is all about the comfort though, I don't do the ditch bangin anymore.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I found a smokin deal on a M-10 rear suspension and I wanna put it on the T-cat. Anybody ever do this before? I want to know if it's still gonna lift the skis. As it sits now I get alot of lift. This mod is all about the comfort though, I don't do the ditch bangin anymore.[/b]
Hrm, it may lift the ski's, although mine don't weight transfer very well at all.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is the ride? I gotta get lower back surgery to correct a herniated disc so I gotta have a sled that is gonna ride nice. In about 2 weeks I'll be putting a carbon fiber front suspension system on it, so that should help with gettin the front end up. Might just stretch the sled out too. Thinkin about either a 136 or a 144 out back. Any troubles with puttin it in an ETT tunnel?

·
Registered
252 Posts
How is the ride? I gotta get lower back surgery to correct a herniated disc so I gotta have a sled that is gonna ride nice. In about 2 weeks I'll be putting a carbon fiber front suspension system on it, so that should help with gettin the front end up. Might just stretch the sled out too. Thinkin about either a 136 or a 144 out back. Any troubles with puttin it in an ETT tunnel?[/b]
My Zr700 is very comfortable..

To get the skis to lift with an M10 compared to stock suspension you have to be a little bit more aggressive with the throttle.
Be sure to have good grip also... I've got 192 studs and it lifts the skis at will...

ETT or no ETT, shouldn't be any problems, I remember FAST sold a special add-on for ETT-machines, not sure what that consisted of.
Send them an E-mail and ask.. I called them from Sweden and they were very helpful in giving me information on how to install the M10 in my machine since I bought the M10 used with no instructions, luckily the mounting plates was for an Arctic Cat.

/Rob SWEDEN

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Emailed FAST. They say just a mount kit and possibly the upper carrier wheels and it should bolt right in. Anybody know of a larger rear wheel kit for the M-10? I think it would look alot better with some 8's on the rear.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I had one on my ZL500. Took me a while to get it dialed in but it was a smoooth ride. However if you have a properly set up ETT skid the difference is minimized IMO. But on the little studder bumps it does kick ass tho!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had one on my ZL500. Took me a while to get it dialed in but it was a smoooth ride. However if you have a properly set up ETT skid the difference is minimized IMO. But on the little studder bumps it does kick ass tho![/b]
yah, on mine once the bumps get over 2 1/2-3 feet I gotta slow down .untill then though if you want a smooth ride and smile like a mad man when the trails trash out . get an m-10

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whats that snofrog a 136? Nice sled, I am still thinkin about strechin mine out but not sure how far I'll go.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Whats that snofrog a 136? Nice sled, I am still thinkin about strechin mine out but not sure how far I'll go.[/b]
yep I have a 136 ripsaw in mine ...and am very happy with it .it has the ace unit so I can adjust spring/shock rate on the fly via handlebar mounted switch next to the dimmer switch. fwiw there is a used 136 m10 on ebay

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, already ordered a used one from nicksxr on here. Now I'm tryin to decide how long I wanna go out back. www.tracksusa.com offers a longtrack tunnel extension in 136" and 144". I can't decide if I want the versatility of the 136 or the floatation and track selection of the 144. (I've been wantin a camoplast finger track on somethin since I first saw it) Well looks like I got till the fall to decide any way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts