Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is supposed to be the "best ride" for this upcoming season. Has anyone looked into a 8" wheel kit for this sled? This should help get top speed back and improve mpg. I checked the fast site but they dont show anything. I'm looking forward to riding this sled. :div20:

oh yeah, some quotes from new issue of snow tech;
""The Polaris 600HO is our pick of the Polaris pack. Supposedly 44 pounds less than the 700/900. Should be as fast or faster than the F6 - the potential is there."

"The combination of the IQ and 128" M-10 sets a new industry standard for comfort and control. The ride quality is unparalleled, the predictablility enviable, and the entire package an awesome trail sled. If you are looking for the best ride quaility, period, here it is."

Matt has suggested that there might be track tension issues with 8" wheels. I dont understand how though.

·
Premium Member
MY21 650 SBA 146, ES, ICE Storm 1.5
6,145 Posts
The 128 M-10 in the IQ chassis uses 5.62" bogie wheels and 6.38" rear idler wheels, same size as the IQ rear suspension, and the Edge rear skid, and the PRO-X rear suspension.

This should help the top end speed, compared to the M10B used in the Edge with 5.35" bogies and 6" rear idlers.

With a lot of travel, and a 1.25" track, and a straight topped tunnel, I would be concerned about tunnel and stud clearance with 8" rear idlers.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
especially with a big cooler back there...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts