Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Polaris IQ 600 RR
1 Posts
I don't know which model versions you'll get there over seas, or will they have different North America specs compared to Scandinavia.

For many years here In Finland the Rave RE was available with RS-kit, which had front body enforcements, beefier brakes, rear suspension enforcements and different shock shimming.

Last year they introduced a special Rave 600R Enduro version, which had all race enforcements and parts, but it was only for limited time.

In Finland the Lynx is basically the only sled you see on both rookie and the pro racing series. And its mainly the 600 Rave/RE, and sometimes the 600 RS, which is the stripped down race only version. The only other brand and make has been Polaris 600 R. We have here new Skidoos, Artic cats and Yamahas that people do ride, but they don't rank in racing.

Here the Lynx as a New sled from the store is mid-to-high price sled. Polaris is a bit cheaper and Ski-doo the most expensive, in my experience. The Ski-doo prices comes partly from the models in stores being the high-end models with all available equipments installed and aimed for kind of "Grand Turismo" driving experience.

The biggest difference between your trails and ours, is that groomed wide tracks are rare. It's really like highway vs. gravel roads. Most of the tracks here are quite narrow and very bumpy. Here most of the people drive hard more of motocross style and standing on your feet a lot. We don't really have long groomed stretches, where you can just sit and cruise along while smoothly powering out from long turns. So our sleds need to take a lot of constant pounding and full throttle - hard braking style of driving.

Lynx is build for that kind of motocross style driving and beating those bumps. Ski-doo is more for flying on top of those groomed tracks.

I would say that for Lynx the deep snow sled segment is the proper way to focus on. I don't see such a big demand for enduro style sleds in North America in contrast to Scandinavia.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
To the guys that are claiming this is just another "rebranded doo" or it's a "doo with fancy plastic" couldn't be any more wrong. I talked to one of my customers yesterday who is a Doo dealer, and he said that about the only thing in common with BRP is the 850 engine, and the bulkhead and front suspension. Otherwise it is a totally different sled, totally different design approach, almost all of the parts are different and this is marketed at a guy that wants a XRS but wants one on steroids.

I think this is one of the coolest things that BRP has done, and we will see what Project M is when that gets released today. I have a feeling it's going to be for the watercraft and or boat market, something tells me it's going to be a high speed pontoon with a wicked BRP outboard engine, maybe a 850 turbo marine engine? or they move the 900 turbo engine platform to the marine world and shake that to it's core through Mercury.

I also think BRP did this to make a "boutique" brand for their sled market, much like how Polaris did the same thing with Victory then Indian, then Polaris decided to shift the entire focus to the Indian line. I'am BY NO MEANS STATING THAT DOO will do away with DOO, I think they are just looking to gain more market share while not over populating their Doo line with "too many models"

We will see what the dealer network looks like and who takes it on, and how sales go, and how support is. I would like to see them bring the 600 to the Rave and then take it snow cross racing. It's proven to be a winner over in the FIM World Snowcross circuit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
One is not higher end. It's all BRP, Ski-Doo is US made, Lynx is Finland/Scandinavia made.
Skidoo is most definitely not U.S. made LMAO! The accuracy of posts on this thread is pretty bad. It's like nobody bothered reading up or watching the video, just wild guessing.

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Greg, think of a true, earlier XRS, but way better. Beefier, more solid, smoother suspension, high quality shocks that are FULLY adjustable, etc.

Please, if you are a trail rider that is just semi aggressive, this sled will be too stiff, ride too high, not a plush smooth ride on minor 1-3 foot trails that the groomers didn’t make it to.
I am afraid the Lynx might fall down the drain as the way the XRS/X models went.

Lynx has some base models more oriented to smoother trails. Not sure why they didn’t include them this opening round. If your intentions are moderate trail riding, then wait a year or 2 for them to bring over their trail friendly models.
I have been riding race chassis cats and rr for the last 10+ years so that’s what I am use to because they hold up. I talk to someone that has actually put some time on the lynx. There are a lot of differences. But for what I do the cost difference to me is not really worth it other to say I have a lynx. I will basically trash it out in 3 years and move on to the next one. I am going to price one out just to see how much difference there is.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Watching the partial unboxing of the lynx RAVE RE. It came with a cover on it. Does that mean they all come with a cover standard? There was something by the foot wells that they were exicted about that they havent seen before, I couldnt figure out what it was. Inside the tunnel there is an extra cross bar from one side to the other that ISNT apart of the suspension. The wheels are different. Rear suspension is completly different and uncoupled. It looks like the polaris rush shock, but inside the tunnel. The shocks look bigger inside it too. It looks beefy, especially with that tunnel cross bar.

I'm excited to see an established snowmobile brand come to the US and see their take on what a snowmobile should be.

I'm waitimg for the detailed video of all its features and differences from snowtrax.

·
Registered
2 x 2021 900T's- 5835 KM
1,636 Posts
Snow trax sounded Excited...So lets see what they come out with..Looks like a heavy duty ditch banger of a sled..The younger guys will love it..

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
The Ski Doo is Canada made.
Skidoo is most definitely not U.S. made LMAO! The accuracy of posts on this thread is pretty bad. It's like nobody bothered reading up or watching the video, just wild guessing.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean US, but North America/US/Canada. At least not Europe. I apologize for my mistake and I fixed it.

·
Registered
2020 Ski Doo Freeride 146, 850 shot, 2020 Ski Doo Summit 154, 850 shot, 2016 Polaris 800 Axys Pro S
46 Posts
What you want to know about them, maybe i can help you, iam not dealer or anything but i live in finland and i know lynx snowmobiles well enough.
I am looking to order a 2022 Lynx 3900 Boondocker 154-2.5. Do you happen to know the weight? Is this sled like a Freeride-Summit X or in between? It looks like it's a wheelie monster, is it?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I am looking to order a 2022 Lynx 3900 Boondocker 154-2.5. Do you happen to know the weight? Is this sled like a Freeride-Summit X or in between? It looks like it's a wheelie monster, is it?
I always thought it was more like the Summit, but I think it's indeed sorta in between a Summit and a Freeride. It's a deep snow machine. DS stands for Deep Snow.
Not sure about wheelie-ing. I think you should be carefull with the 'snowflap'/snowguard while making wheelies and catwalking. Nope. Searched for it, seems to wheelie perfect:

Can't seem to find the weight. I found the weight of the 2019 build was 240kg (530lbs), 2020 build (model 2021?) 250kg (550lbs). (The weight increase might be because of SHOT, I think it was introduced in the 2020 builds, not sure, though.) So I think it'll be around 250kg (550lbs).
(I always get confused, between build and model. The new one is 2022 model, but will be build in 2021, right?!)
BTW. 154" = ±3900mm, that's why it's called 3900 (or 3700 = ±146", 4100 = ±165").

·
Registered
2020 Ski Doo Freeride 146, 850 shot, 2020 Ski Doo Summit 154, 850 shot, 2016 Polaris 800 Axys Pro S
46 Posts
I always thought it was more like the Summit, but I think it's indeed sorta in between a Summit and a Freeride. It's a deep snow machine. DS stands for Deep Snow.
Not sure about wheelie-ing. I think you should be carefull with the 'snowflap'/snowguard while making wheelies and catwalking. Nope. Searched for it, seems to wheelie perfect:

Can't seem to find the weight. I found the weight of the 2019 build was 240kg (530lbs), 2020 build (model 2021?) 250kg (550lbs). (The weight increase might be because of SHOT, I think it was introduced in the 2020 builds, not sure, though.) So I think it'll be around 250kg (550lbs).
(I always get confused, between build and model. The new one is 2022 model, but will be build in 2021, right?!)
BTW. 154" = ±3900mm, that's why it's called 3900 (or 3700 = ±146", 4100 = ±165").
550 seems pretty hefty. Thanks for the info. I'm still going to order one anyways!

·
Registered
2020 Polaris 850 Indy xc 137” Ice Ripper, HD rear torsions, Studboy Dueces Kimpex fuel holder
504 Posts
If that’s a wet weight, full of gas, it’s relatively light.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Luke Lester is appearing to transition from his love of the Polaris lineup to the new Lynx. Here's his latest comparison of the Rave model to the XRS ... kinda interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Here we go!

Reactions: Toecutter61
41 - 56 of 56 Posts