Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
OK, so I have a dumb question/comment. How does Lynx/SkiDoo compare against something like Chevy/GMC or Ford/Lincoln? Is one considered the "higher end" brand? Like the vehicles being either GM or Ford, this is all BRP. I've never been a huge fan of the late model SkiDoo looks (or front suspension, really) but the Lynx kinda intrigues me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I might order one. And I have a brain thanks. I want my second sled to be a 4 stroke. The smart suspension intrigues me. The taller gearing is helpful. And the new throttle cable should improve feel. I absolutely HATED the current 900T on the trail because of the throttle. Reason to buy over a sidewinder...is the pro-cross chassis, the drive train, the clutching, the roll over valve, the seat etc etc.
20k for a throttle cable. The 900s should have always had a cable. At least until they figured out the drive by wire.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
OK, so I have a dumb question/comment. How does Lynx/SkiDoo compare against something like Chevy/GMC or Ford/Lincoln? Is one considered the "higher end" brand? Like the vehicles being either GM or Ford, this is all BRP. I've never been a huge fan of the late model SkiDoo looks (or front suspension, really) but the Lynx kinda intrigues me.
One is not higher end. It's all BRP, Ski-Doo is Canada/North America made, Lynx is Finland/Scandinavia made.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
20k for a throttle cable. The 900s should have always had a cable. At least until they figured out the drive by wire.
Thankfully when I buy toys mpg, and the price tag the last things I look at when making a decision. All sleds expensive. My Matryx's msrp were over 18k. Then new mach z will be 22k in Canada. Yes I know thats $4000 more...and it's significant. But life's short and you can't take it with you.

·
Registered
17,095 Posts
OK, so I have a dumb question/comment. How does Lynx/SkiDoo compare against something like Chevy/GMC or Ford/Lincoln? Is one considered the "higher end" brand?
same same but different:) I woudnt say one is higher end than the other, but Lynx places emphasis on different things than Doo. So they've had their own suspensions all the time. Often heavier / more heavy duty to better cope with our ungroomed trails etc.
But for reliability , I think I'd give the nod to Doo over Lynx..

IMO , lynx also pioneered the growing "SUV" segment - widetrack sleds that actually rides and handles good instead of like the lumber wagons of the past, lol!.

Here in town, I'm sure the Lynx commander (+ Doo expeditions) 1200 and now 900T sleds are topping the sales charts

·
Registered
307 Posts
I don't disagree. I'm sick in the head and the marketing just puts a bug up my ass. In the brain I'm 30 years older than my actual age and need to calm down. Honestly the throttle cable is worth $4000 alone because for me the 900T is un rideable with the throttle by wire. The Mach looks like a comprehensive package that will make people happy. I also bet it will outperform 180hp on the dyno in the fall.

·
Registered
307 Posts
same same but different:) I woudnt say one is higher end than the other, but Lynx places emphasis on different things than Doo. So they've had their own suspensions all the time. Often heavier / more heavy duty to better cope with our ungroomed trails etc.
But for reliability , I think I'd give the nod to Doo over Lynx..

IMO , lynx also pioneered the growing "SUV" segment - widetrack sleds that actually rides and handles good instead of like the lumber wagons of the past, lol!.

Here in town, I'm sure the Lynx commander (+ Doo expeditions) 1200 and now 900T sleds are topping the sales charts

View attachment 2118041
They have their own
R-motion migh be more progressive than pps on low speed and it might be little lighter than pps, but pps is best at big bumbs and jumps. Some say that it is more durable than r-motion.
A very important detail with the pps is that it is progressive with the shock AND the spring. As the spring and shock are taking the same ride. It's a lot like the polaris hay bailer in the rear. Extremely similar in concept but the pps is inside the tunnel.

Another important detail is the front arm on the pps has a linkage to make it LESS falling rate than it otherwise would be without the link. It's a very nice setup that should feel similar to the hay bailer. Though I believe it has more front and rear arm travel and should be a beast in the bumps. I want one.

·
Registered
307 Posts
View attachment 2118044
I want the Lynx Rave so I can tear up a freshly groomed trail.....
When the club yells at you, just bring the add. They'll forgive. A few years ago I was riding a little hot. I pulled out my add and told them I was doing total terrain domination like the add said. The cops let me go. Back in the mid 2000's I was sad. My wife caught me trying a noose to my FTS. I showed her the snow flap that said, "polaris, the way out." She instantly understood. These adds are the real deal black letter law!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
View attachment 2118044
I want the Lynx Rave so I can tear up a freshly groomed trail.....

If you get one, please don’t complain and make them water down the Lynx. It is targeted to be more aggressive ride then the original XRS. Wait till their Adrenaline equivalent gets unveiled here.
I want one. Wish they released on this side last year before purchasing my 21 unXRS.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I might order one. And I have a brain thanks. I want my second sled to be a 4 stroke. The smart suspension intrigues me. The taller gearing is helpful. And the new throttle cable should improve feel. I absolutely HATED the current 900T on the trail because of the throttle. Reason to buy over a sidewinder...is the pro-cross chassis, the drive train, the clutching, the roll over valve, the seat etc etc.
Guys will sit there and nit pick and complain about the Mach but I guarantee they will sell. I have friends that almost never go off trail and just like power and to be the big dog. This thing will have a nice ride with that suspension, gonna need studs for sure to get it to hook up.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
But, is it a “real” Lynx? I haven’t followed them for a couple years. I do remember them attaching the front shocks to the upper A-arm. This model looks way too similar to the ski doo. The Lynx chassis is supposed to be super beefy up front. The front suspension looks exactly like a ski doo. I don’t want a ski doo that “looks” like a Lynx. I want a REAL Lynx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
The boys @ supertax say the front suspension & bulkhead are all the same between the two Marques.
That’s a lil disappointing.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,095 Posts
But, is it a “real” Lynx?
I think the last "real" lynx shorty with their own chassis was the G-Type in 2000. In 2001 the went to seriesIII engines + sleds based on the doo zx chassis.

My brother had one of these , a 96 670 Rave - a fun little sled, with ohlins shocks stock. No top end at all as it was geared for like 75 mph but wicked acceleration and weight transfer for its 110 hp.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts