Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty awesome to see a new brand enter the market!!!!!! Lynx I think will be a hit here in the U.S. and I really hope the internet hyperbole doesn't label these are "re badged" ski-doo's because that's not the case at all, yes the motor packages are the same but that's about where the similarities end. Totally different designs and execution as well as different technology.

Can't believe Ski-Doo brought back the mighty Mach Zed!!!!!! so far Ski-Doo has come out swinging for 2022.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Pretty awesome to see a new brand enter the market!!!!!! Lynx I think will be a hit here in the U.S. and I really hope the internet hyperbole doesn't label these are "re badged" ski-doo's because that's not the case at all, yes the motor packages are the same but that's about where the similarities end. Totally different designs and execution as well as different technology.

Can't believe Ski-Doo brought back the mighty Mach Zed!!!!!! so far Ski-Doo has come out swinging for 2022.
They are not totally different designs. The rear suspension is different and there's a bunch of cosmetic differences. Please name the different technology the Lynx has. I like the rear suspension and looks. But there's not a substantial difference The Mach Z isn't a Mach Z. It's a 900 turbo with stunted suspension, the boost turned up and an insane price tag. 180hp with it's weight isn't any better power to weight than an 850. Why would anyone buy this over a sidewinder or a regular 900 and stage 1 tune? Stage 1 tunes have been dead nuts reliable. Tne Mach is a cash grab for people will big $ and no brain.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I am kinda interested in one. Still trying to find out more info on them
Imagine a Ski-Doo with different rear suspension, different hood, sides and other cosmetic details. Maybe a different front suspension calibration. Imagine almost everything else being the same.

That's a Lynx. If you like the above, you'll like a Lynx

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I would “hope” the chassis is stronger up front. The front suspension have different geometry from the doo, providing a tamer and less twitchy ride...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,507 Posts
What you want to know about them, maybe i can help you, iam not dealer or anything but i live in finland and i know lynx snowmobiles well enough.
[/QUOTE
What you want to know about them, maybe i can help you, iam not dealer or anything but i live in finland and i know lynx snowmobiles well enough.
How does it handle compared to a current skidoo? Is the different skid built than r motion? Does it actually ride that much better. Is there any other main differences?

thanks

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Greg, think of a true, earlier XRS, but way better. Beefier, more solid, smoother suspension, high quality shocks that are FULLY adjustable, etc.

Please, if you are a trail rider that is just semi aggressive, this sled will be too stiff, ride too high, not a plush smooth ride on minor 1-3 foot trails that the groomers didn’t make it to.
I am afraid the Lynx might fall down the drain as the way the XRS/X models went.

Lynx has some base models more oriented to smoother trails. Not sure why they didn’t include them this opening round. If your intentions are moderate trail riding, then wait a year or 2 for them to bring over their trail friendly models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
R-motion migh be more progressive than pps on low speed and it might be little lighter than pps, but pps is best at big bumbs and jumps. Some say that it is more durable than r-motion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would “hope” the chassis is stronger up front. The front suspension have different geometry from the doo, providing a tamer and less twitchy ride...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes boondocker is better on trail than summit, but it is also due to that it has pps rear suspension.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would be interested in a Rave if he were offered with the 600 engine. No I don't ride that hard but it looks sweet!
I wondered why they didnt bring 600r etec rave to america, rave 600 is very common trail sled in finland and people also use them very much in snowmobile enduro races.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
They are not totally different designs. The rear suspension is different and there's a bunch of cosmetic differences. Please name the different technology the Lynx has. I like the rear suspension and looks. But there's not a substantial difference The Mach Z isn't a Mach Z. It's a 900 turbo with stunted suspension, the boost turned up and an insane price tag. 180hp with it's weight isn't any better power to weight than an 850. Why would anyone buy this over a sidewinder or a regular 900 and stage 1 tune? Stage 1 tunes have been dead nuts reliable. Tne Mach is a cash grab for people will big $ and no brain.
I might order one. And I have a brain thanks. I want my second sled to be a 4 stroke. The smart suspension intrigues me. The taller gearing is helpful. And the new throttle cable should improve feel. I absolutely HATED the current 900T on the trail because of the throttle. Reason to buy over a sidewinder...is the pro-cross chassis, the drive train, the clutching, the roll over valve, the seat etc etc.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts