Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a camoplast crossover track with 1.5" lugs. I want to go to a 2" for when i go west. So i was wondering what is the tallest anyone has gone without any modifications? Will a 2" be ok?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
It will work great, just have to gear down to RMK gearing when you stick that 2" track in there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will work great, just have to gear down to RMK gearing when you stick that 2" track in there.[/b]
I already geared down for out west and the 1.5". Went from stock 22/39 to 19/42. Seemed too low though for that 1.5". Will it be low enough for the 2"? What would you recommend? The 19/42 is what Polaris recommended, its the lowest i could go with still using the stock chain.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I already geared down for out west and the 1.5". Went from stock 22/39 to 19/42. Seemed too low though for that 1.5". Will it be low enough for the 2"? What would you recommend? The 19/42 is what Polaris recommended, its the lowest i could go with still using the stock chain.[/b]
Anybody?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Anybody?[/b]
I put a 2" lug on my '06 600 HO Switchback whenever I've headed west the past two winters and have had not any problem with clearance. I'm going with a 2.4" this winter. I don't recall which gears I've used...I'll take a look tonight and post again later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts