Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys , Looking at buying a 850 XC just wondering about the DET code issues the guy said the code has come off a few times. Just wondering if I should stay away or is it just a flash issue? Dont feel like throwing away 10 GS btw the sled has 3100 miles on it in Mint condition any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If it did not originally come with the four year warranty, don’t even consider buying it. Check the vin with a dealer to verify the warranty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it did not originally come with the four year warranty, don’t even consider buying it. Check the vin with a dealer to verify the warranty.
The guy says the warranty is good till 2021, what's with all Det Sensor codes is it from the flash he got done ?

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800, 2019 Indy 850, 2011 IQ Turbo
2,653 Posts
Polaris has another new ECM calibration that became available early this spring, so they are apparently still tweaking things. I've been chasing a performance issue, so I had the "update" (supposed to be the '20 ECM calibration) put in my '19 before last season. I had no DET issues with it during the season, but didn't correct the performance issue. I had the newest ECM calibration put in when it was in for some warranty work this spring, will see how it behaves this season. So, if DET is a documented problem, there is a new ECM calibration available. If the sled has warranty, it should be covered. I agree that I'd be "somewhat" concerned about paying top dollar for an 850 if there was no warranty with it. Most of the crank issues came fairly early, but every so often a story will pop up about one that lets go with a few thousand miles. I'm over 5K miles on mine - have 2 seasons of warranty left and have a backup sled, so not that concerned.

·
Premium Member
16,056 Posts
As I recall, some 2019 850 owners had DET issues after installing the latest reflash. So did some 2020 sleds. The 2019 came originally with a richer fuel map. They also had a hanging throttle issue where it wouldn't drop down to idle right away sometimes. The reflash leaned it out, especially in the low and midrange and was altered to reduce the hanging idle with mixed results. Fuel freshness and quality is an important consideration. My 2019 has never had the reflash and doesn't need it IMO. But, I do use a FITCH Fuel Catalyst canister in my fuel tank on all my sleds to maintain maximum fuel freshness.

The fix for some who had DET was to run in the ethanol fuel low octane mode. I never run in that mode. Strictly 91 non-ethanol mode while using ethanol 93 octane fuel.

The sled in question will likely need at least the latest reflash to address the DET.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Just sold my 2019 XC 850 I had ZERO issues in the 2 seasons I rode it. Never saw an engine light, never fouled a plug, never blew a belt. Just gas and go. Looking to replace it with a 2019/2020 850 Assault. Have new VR1 on order, but I like to have one new sled, and one I buy used.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My 19 Indy 850 with 2300 has ran flawlessly too but I have a 137 VR1 on order so the Indy can now be sold. I hope I don't regret it. The Indy is a blast!

·
Premium Member
16,056 Posts
I'm sure that the Matrix is a great sled. But, I have zero desire to sell a 2019 Indy 850 XC that does everything I ask of it and much more, then have to go through another learning curve of fixing the mass assembly issues. To those who have to have the newest and latest, and take the risk of having to miss part of the riding season due to assembly issues, etc. more power to you. :)

·
Premium Member
20 850 Assault
2,505 Posts
Keeping my 20 assault also. I upgraded my RTS to the Indy XCR velocity for this season. For the Matryx, hopefully not many production issues come up. The platform is basically the same.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
I'm sure that the Matrix is a great sled. But, I have zero desire to sell a 2019 Indy 850 XC that does everything I ask of it and much more, then have to go through another learning curve of fixing the mass assembly issues. To those who have to have the newest and latest, and take the risk of having to miss part of the riding season due to assembly issues, etc. more power to you. :)
I have a 21 Matrix coming this year. I sold my wife's 600 and kept my 2020 XC for her to ride. She don't ride much anymore so if I have issues I have a very capable backup sled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts