Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted this in not a Firecat but should use the same charging system as the F5 I would think.Anyway this weekend I was riding with the handwarmers on position 2 & a friend noticed I had no brake or tailights.Come to find out I also had not tach or headlights or handwarmers.If I keep them on setting 1 all is fine.On 2 or 3 its like I dont have enough voltage to keep up with the demand.Any thoughts? I was thinking the voltage regulator is bad mybe.

·
Registered
84 Posts
i to have had a problem this past week in canada . my light went out while riding but under acceleration they would come back on . we did some hard ditch banging and that is when it started . i had my hand warmers on but i do not know where they were set to . keep me informed on what you find . thanks . my email is [email protected]

·
Premium Member
13,947 Posts
sounds like you have a short in one of your warmers, the voltage regulator just keeps the voltage down by burning off extra electricty as heat, a bad regulator will allow the voltage to go too high and blow bulbs, etc

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked the handwarmers last night,Krom you are right.Both handwarmers have either to high or low of resistance.Guess its time to replace them.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine is screewed up to!!!!!!!!
No voltage for the warmers...... wery bad head light, touch the brake and there is no voltage too the speedo light........Gets a litle betther when i hit the trotle......

·
Registered
155 Posts
hmmm. suddenly my light became better, my hanwarmers worked, and my tac vas a litle bighter....... strange.........

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
i will tell you that from my experience its not the voltage regulator because if that were to go your lights would all be blown and your handwarmers would be very hot because they are the strongest when it comes to large amounts of power

1 - 9 of 9 Posts