Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few guys including Rob have mentioned that they can not get the top end speed that they use to on there F7's. I can not get over 95 mph. I use to get 109 all the time. I have had the power valves cleaned and adjusted by the dealer and still no difference. I have 4000 miles on it now, but this has been like this for the last 1000 miles. I have visual checked the clutch for flat spots on the rollers but everything looks okay.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
235 Posts
I hit 112 on hard pack at about 220 miles. Last trip I could hardly manage 100, at about 700 miles. Mid to top end doesn't feel like it did in the beginning.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Couple ideas to check and/or try:

* Check your belt and belt deflection

* Make sure ECU plastic vent hose isn't plugged with water, ice, or grease

* Make sure APV valves are clean (in the last 500 miles???) and that you can
easily pull each of them when you unhook the cable at the servo motor

* With APV servo motor cover off, run sled on stand and make sure servo
motor works/turns at around 7000ish RPM or so

* Don't EVER underestimate NEW spark plugs

* Try TIGHTENING the secondary/driven clutch spring tension to the #4 hole. My sled was feeling a bit sluggish and was having a hard time spooling up to an indicated 8000 RPMs. Thought possibly my drive and driven clutch springs were sacking out??? Anyway, I tightened my driven clutch spring to hole #4, and that SEEMED to somewhat bring her back to life -- more responsive and pulling higher RPMs quicker. My sled has 3800 miles on it, and I ran against a bud's F7 with 900 miles on his with his driven spring looser at #2, and we were side by side for around a 1/2 mile or so at 110 MPH... until I blew the belt that is! I wonder if the blown belts are from running out of gear, or NEARLY running out of gear, and then the belt slipping, heating up, and finally blowing apart??? Anyway, I'd say certainly take the few minutes to try the driven clutch spring a notch or two tighter and see what you think. Post back if/WHEN you try it please! -- Roy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts