Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 04 polaris switchback 600 wont rev over 7000 rpm even without the belt on. new plugs,cleaned ves valves

·
Registered
42,536 Posts
have 04 polaris switchback 600 wont rev over 7000 rpm even without the belt on. new plugs,cleaned ves valves
Its not suppose to rev over 7k with the belt off not that you'd even want to do that. Even on a track stand it won't rev past 7k. Sled needs to be actually ridden to achieve full run rpm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not suppose to rev over 7k with the belt off not that you'd even want to do that. Even on a track stand it won't rev past 7k. Sled needs to be actually ridden to achieve full run rpm.
tried that before hanging it form the ceiling and then without the belt on its like it hits a wall at 7000 anyway i try.

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
I should also add that if it was hyrolocked with fuel or blew a belt you might want to check crank phase. I see those cranks twisted all the time

·
Registered
42,536 Posts
If it won't pull more than 7k when ridden, couple things to check are your temp sensor harness connector to the cdi for any corrosion inside the pins. Also make sure both carb vent hoses that go to the air box are secured well to the barbs on both ends.
You claim to clean the ves, but did you clean the engine's cylinder ves holes well?, or check for any tears in the bellows?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts