Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried out a F5,I was wondering whats it's peak RPM should be...the one I drove is pulling 7850rpm..i think it's alittle low, any help would be great......

·
Registered
236 Posts
exhaust valve are not working. 1. cables came off servo motor (little black box located just to the left side of steering post under cowling. just loosen screws and cover will slide off.) At initial startup and reving engine the servo motor will cycle once. If it doesnt then there is a problem with servo motor system. The cables on mine stretched and needed to be recalibrated.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The same thing happened to my wifes f-5 after only 300 miles on it all I could get was 8000 rpm out of it, the exh. valves were gummed up. Took it back to the dealer let them clean the valves got it back and the same thing 8000 rpm is all it would run, checked the cables and one was disconnected at the servo, and both cables were 1mm out of adj. they are supposed to be between 36.15mm to 38.15mm readjusted them and it runs like a different sled. hope this helps you.

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...I knew it didn't seem right..7850 seemed like low RPM's for that motor...I'll have a look at the servomotor tommorrow.Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts