Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out riding tonight. Noticed that my low oil light and my temp light were both on but very dim. Machine was working fine but I am a little concerned about it. I also notice when I got home when I reved it up and then let it idle down that the LED gauge would go out and then light back up. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Out riding tonight. Noticed that my low oil light and my temp light were both on but very dim. Machine was working fine but I am a little concerned about it. I also notice when I got home when I reved it up and then let it idle down that the LED gauge would go out and then light back up. Any ideas? Thanks.[/b]
loose /chafed wire someplace wiggle them around bet it goes away.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my first thought also. Don't know where to start. When I bought the sled years ago I went over all the wiring and wrapped everything that may have been a rubbing point.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Moisture has gotten into one of the harness connections. Pull the obvious ones and spray some WD in there. Should take care of the dim light syndrome.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[Thanks for that ifo. After giving it some thought we had to go through a bog yesterday and some water ended up under the hood. About 15 minutes after that is when the lights started to show up. Hopefully that is the problem.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
same thing happened to me about a week ago. i was riding in 12-15 inches of powder and mine and a buddy's both did that. hasn't done it since though

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the exact same problem. I'm going to check connectors for moisture, but if that doesnt work check with AC if your sled had been updated with Oil sending unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts