Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have this problem? I have adjusted the high beams to where I want them, but low beam is still to low.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hey, it's not just me then. When I run on low beams, it is almost worthless except for looking at the tips of my skis and just beyond.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
You CAN adjust your headlights with the 2 black knobs on either side of the speedo. As for the speedo lighting, why do you need to see how fast your going anyway? I agree that the lighting isn't enough.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Turning the knob clockwise will raise the beam of light. Find a place where there is no other lighting and adjust to keep a happy medium between when your on the throttle hard and when your not. This is due to the front end lifting under hard throttle accels.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Yes, the procedure does exist but it is JUST a starting point as not everyone rides the same style or conditions! Being able to adjust them from the seat is a big plus.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
all you need to do is point the sled in front of a garage door or something of the sort, at night of course, and then adjust the stupid things, if you can't see the difference while adjusting the black knobs, then apparantly you won't be able to see the trees doing 50 mph on the trail either, have a nice day

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok smart guys.......I have a manual and I have adjusted the knobs and if I adjust them any higher they will be at the top of the trees! The low beams are still to low. I would like to look a little bit further than the tip of my skis when it is on low beam.

·
Registered
51 Posts
if all you see is ground in front of you, than you goin too slow, so who needs a speedo,and if your watching your speedo then your not watching the trail....

·
Registered
861 Posts
I believe the point in question was that the adjustments per the manual had been made and the low beams were still too low.
Anyone with some input above 3rd grade level? :angry:

Kevin

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
as far as the speedo lighting goes I havent had a problem because of all the headlights behind me :lol: :D
just joking

mine is nice and bright, well not bright, but enough to see clearly without a problem

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by Captainkev@Jan 4 2003, 07:58 PM
I believe the point in question was that the adjustments per the manual had been made and the low beams were still too low.
Anyone with some input above 3rd grade level? :angry:

Kevin
Pretty strong words. Everyone please listen. Adjust the headlights to suit your riding!! :eek: :eek: For instance, if you're always on the throttle hard, then you'll have to adjust them down a bit while sitting still(ever heard of weight transfer? :huh: ) This is so when the front end is up, the lights shine where you want em'. Why do you think CAT put the adjusters where you can ADJUST them while riding??? :huh: Come on everyone, please use some common sense and DON"T depend on the damn manual so much ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts