Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which exhaust do you prefer? I prefer the Jaws Rowdy Can. I always like the loudest can possible.

·
Administrator
20,616 Posts
If it weren't for the land owner issues and negative impact these cans have on TRAILS ... I'd actually say "Pretty cool video!" (because I do like the sound & don't blame anyone for wanting to get rid of the SUITCASE exhaust that comes from the factory). And if this were a sled that was going out west where it really doesn't matter ... good for the OP. But seeing that WI registration sticker makes me shake my head, and hope he's nowhere near a property owner that could cause issues.

·
Registered
39,610 Posts
I ran twin and triple aftermarket pipes back in the day, mainly to increase the sleds hp.. Kind of got old hearing the exhaust note when the packing burned out. Imo, the op's can is even louder and more annoying. I can just think what a non-snowmobiler would say.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
If your running up in the mountains have at it. For trails loud cans cause nothing but problems and it gets brought up by the landowners every year.
Right. I agree. If you are in the middle of nowhere, cool. But watch some of his videos. He rides a lot in highly populated areas mostly. They are just jonesing to give loud exhaust tickets. Not sure why anyone would risk it, especially with the loudest can you can get. Get an Slp, or One of the other ones that at least have been made to pass current noise regulations if you want to get one.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
This is one of those subjects that won't die. Fact of the matter is, people are more sensitive and more inclined to throw a fit, close trails etc. It is their land, they pay the taxes, and you have to respect that. And I myself have made the argument of loud motorcycles, cars, etc. But...no one is gonna close a paved road due to noise complaints. A trail, especially on private property is a whole other story. Play by the rules, and be responsible for he greater good of our sport. If your out in he middle of no where ..let that f___er sing! But personally, get an all can, perform better than most others, sound good, and are quality units.

·
Vendor
10,073 Posts
while i get the loud ex. thing. but snowblowers and lawn mowers make as much or more noise. and there used right in your neighborhood. we did a little test of this with four different people judging. a snow blower wot and a sled with pipe and can. on a stand side by side. you couldn't hear the sled until 8000 rpm over the snow blower. so if in the woods and not actually going through yards etc. these new pipes/cans are really not loud until wot. we go right by game wardens here in N.H. with BMP and SLP full pipes and they don't even look in our direction. one waved to us once. we all had pipes. it's the moron that has to be coming to the pumps, restaurant etc. on and off the throttle so everybody looks at them. there cool. NOT.

i think non snowmobiler's just don't like sleds period. and will use any excuse to get rid of them. they look at them like a environmental night mare. because they smoke and smell bad to them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Which exhaust do you prefer? I prefer the Jaws Rowdy Can. I always like the loudest can possible. https://youtu.be/5BIriPDQL4M
Lots of negative feedback from the inmates...I didn't watch the video so I don't have any comment...Although I have had pipes/cans on most of my sleds since the early 1970's...I remember waaaay back around 2004-05 the former owner of this website posted a similar video as yours looking for comments from members on the different pipe/can combos for an 03 F-7...His video was met with nothing but positive comments from the minions...:roflmao:...Moral to the story I suppose is that a persons "website status" can bring a different viewpoint on similar subjects...Ohhhh...BTW...I wonder how many of these members who provided negative feedback to your video realize that the diesel powered groomers at full tilt
EXCEEDS the 88db limit...:lol3:

1 - 20 of 300 Posts