Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost some woody plastic backers, and the rest had cracks in them or part of them was missing, I dont no if I ride real hard or they put them on to tight, or just got a bad set, But my dealer is great, called him and he said bring it right in, we will fix it wile you wate, and he did, and said he has been putting them on all the sleds and I was the first to bring it back with broken ones, he said keep an eye on them and bring it right in if I need to. Sun & Snow, NY

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Alright, so what brand are they, so they can be avoided. I hope they weren't Fast Traks. I only broke one out of the 156 I have and inspected the rest very carefully and saw no problems with them. If they aren't Fast Trak, get them. They are not expensive. Sorry to hear about it. I still think plastic is the best way to go.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put in the very first post, They are woodys, And I do have Fast trak in my ZR for 3 years noe 192 of them and never lost a one.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep thats what the dealer said, He said these are the newest things from woodys, I cant beleve they all broke, I will put all new ones on and send the old ones back for credit, and if they break again I will tell them to stick them up there ass, and put a diff kind on for you, He buys them in boxes of 3,000 each, well that is what I was told buy him anyway.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Maybe they tighten them too tight. They should only be tightened to 3 foot pounds or 33-35 inch pounds. dont seem like much but thats what they recomend. They also say to check them after u get some miles on them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've used Fast-Trac traction products for years, with no breakages. I use their round airlite plastic backers. This year I am alsousing some double backers on my f7.

I highly recommend their products. Woodys is overrated and overpriced.

Try Fast=Trac and you won't go back....

kj

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes thats what they said, Maybe they put then on to tight, and I did chaeck them after about a ten mile ride and they were broke on the first ride. and I have fast-trac backers on my ZR been on for 3 years never lost one.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Far as I know, Woody's has nothing to do with plastic backers. Could you please triple check with your dealer and/or HIS source to make sure, before you get Woody's name involved? Thanks! -- Roy

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've been running Woody's for years....those look like Saber plastic backers. Are you sure that you aren't running Woody's Studs with saber plastic backers?

I had the EXACT same experience with Saber plastic backers.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I no they are woody studs, and the dealer said they were woody backers, but maybe he was thinking of the studs. Brain Fart for him maybe.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What do you work for woodys Roy, I am just repeting what I was told by my Arctic-cat dealer, I am not mistaking in what I was told, Now he may be mistaking on what they are, But I no what I was told! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
LOL! No Sabe, I don't work for Woody's... not even on their discount racer program. I've been using their traction products for MANY years now, and have always been very happy with their stuff. I don't question what you heard, so much as I question what your dealer TOLD you. Like I said, as far as I know, Woody's has nothing to do with plastic backers.

If I were you, I'd want to know EXACTLY what brand and part numbers those backer were, especially if your dealer's going to install the same backers again. Maybe even call the manufacturer (if the dealer doesn't) to find out what the deal is. (Proper installation and torque specs???)

Good luck, and please keep us posted! --Roy

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well they did change them all, even the ones That were not broke, and put the same kind on, and just said keep an eye on them and if it happends again bring it back and they will put the aluminum ones on, He did say they were new from that comp, So how knows, But if they break again, I want the fast-trac plastick backers I never lost or broke any of them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts