Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE TO SNOWMOBILEWORLD.COM AND READ (LOST A FRIEND IN CRANDON) IN THE GENERAL FORUM IT WILL MAKE YOU THINK

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
That is so sad!!!I feel i could cry!! Man it is so true!! Could be me or you!!! I know next time i go it will be slower and a few less beers!!I feel for this guy, friends and family! AMEN
Skydog :mellow:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Truly very sad....and I deeply feel for the man.

But I read some of the comments and it bothered me.

One man said this makes him want to reconsider his Munsing trip.

Guys if you are afraid to ride on the trails, please stay off of the trails.

Keep your eyes Open, whatch out for others, Slow down for Others, Use caution, Us hand signals just be carefull ride within your abilities.

Life is too damn short, accidents do happen be prepaired.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you can read this story and not get a little emotional over it you are a better man than i am. I guess i not ashamed to shed a tear over that one and to pause and say" thank you god for your protection"

·
Registered
962 Posts
Originally posted by kingsnow@Feb 20 2003, 10:33 PM
If you can read this story and not get a little emotional over it you are a better man than i am. I guess i not ashamed to shed a tear over that one and to pause and say" thank you god for your protection"
I got real watery eyes, its a very sad story, I would probly tear up worse if I read it again.

I know what its like to loose a friend in the middle of fun, the fun just stops, and feels like the world has stopped

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I have had a hard time keeping up with my friends this year, I've said that I’ve lost the edge. Can't go that fast anymore. I think about losing all that I've gained in a blink of an eye. When I think about it, I haven't lost the edge, I smartened up. It's not worth dying or becoming paralyzed. These stories get to you after a while, at 32 I'm not invincible anymore. The scary thing is that I’ve made one of those calls to my friend’s family after he hit a rock, he was uninjured, but I rode to the phone. I was scared crap to call them at 11:30 to ask for help getting his sled out of the woods, couldn’t imagine telling them that their son had died.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
WOW,I'm speechless.That happened less than 30 miles from MY home,I immediately forwarded that to all the people I care about.Some ride,others dont,doesn't matter,a life was lost,WAY too close to home.I cant even gather my thoughts enough to relay on the importance of 0 tolerance, not my place to ,or my right,but PLEASE be careful out there.I dont want to see any of YOU in this situation.My heart and prayers go out to his family.Ride on,Ride safe,Ride sober :( :( :( :mellow:

·
Registered
960 Posts
:( :( :( :( that is terrible :( :( :( :( it makes you think

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Thanks f5fan,

This is something every snowmobiler should read.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by 1madcat@Feb 21 2003, 03:32 AM
I have had a hard time keeping up with my friends this year, I've said that I’ve lost the edge. Can't go that fast anymore. I think about losing all that I've gained in a blink of an eye. When I think about it, I haven't lost the edge, I smartened up. It's not worth dying or becoming paralyzed. These stories get to you after a while, at 32 I'm not invincible anymore. The scary thing is that I’ve made one of those calls to my friend’s family after he hit a rock, he was uninjured, but I rode to the phone. I was scared crap to call them at 11:30 to ask for help getting his sled out of the woods, couldn’t imagine telling them that their son had died.
I'm with you Madcat.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wow!
I ride with several guys who all share a belief and faith in God.

Before we ride , we pray for safety on the trail, fun with our buddies, and safety for our loved ones back home...then we jump on our sleds and ride like speed demons with a feeling of confidence and invincibility.

Next ride...we will pray for wisdom.

My prayers are with you and the family of your fallen buddy. I can not comprehend losing my snowmobile buddies. They are my closest friends.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Originally posted by redF5sp@Feb 21 2003, 08:09 AM
WOW,I'm speechless.That happened less than 30 miles from MY home,I immediately forwarded that to all the people I care about.Some ride,others dont,doesn't matter,a life was lost,WAY too close to home.I cant even gather my thoughts enough to relay on the importance of 0 tolerance, not my place to ,or my right,but PLEASE be careful out there.I dont want to see any of YOU in this situation.My heart and prayers go out to his family.Ride on,Ride safe,Ride sober :( :( :( :mellow:
Wow, that does hit home very harshly! :( I think you said it best Red, "Ride on,Ride safe,Ride SOBER!" Hearts and prayers to the family!

·
Registered
173 Posts
wow, I never expected such sympathy on a forum of what consists of mostly strangers, this is good for the heart, it's nice to see people still have compassion for each other. I'm sorry to hear of your loss as well, my prayers are with you, your friends and family.
God bless

1 - 20 of 22 Posts