Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to riding out of Millinocket. Last few years we have been riding out of Pittsburg.

Looking for recommendations on a round trip out of NEOC around 100-200 miles with lunch somewhere in the middle.

Thanks

·
Registered
312 Posts
Take a trip up to Bowlin, Mattagamon then Shin Pond. You can grab a meal at Shin Pond Village

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Id go its85/86 via grant brook trail to kokadjo and take rt66 across moosehead to its88 to its87s right to Lake Parlin Lodge to eat its awesome. Round trip be 200ish.
Just make sure they are crossing at rt66 and not logging this season. If they are you could go north from Kokadjo fo Pittston Farms, nicee riding, but its basic food nothing crazy.

Youre also good just taking its85/86 around Predumecook lake (same as above) to B Lond Trail or its109 (amazing double lane highway trail!) in the Jo Mary trail system. Eat at Wildwoods Cabins then loop back around through millinocket to neoc

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
New to riding out of Millinocket. Last few years we have been riding out of Pittsburg.

Looking for recommendations on a round trip out of NEOC around 100-200 miles with lunch somewhere in the middle.

Thanks
Head up to Umocolus Camps in Oxbow. Should be around 70 miles from baxter park inn Amazig place, decent food, hospitality like non ever!

·
Registered
198 Posts

Thanks
Head up to Umocolus Camps in Oxbow. Should be around 70 miles from baxter park inn Amazig place, decent food, hospitality like non ever!

Yea veryyyy basic food. Nice people though. Couple diff routes to take for a loop. After you eat at NEOC idk if youll want to eat a Umcolcus lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
All of these places are great. Usually takes us three days to visit them all. Three different day loops.
We went Kokadjo yesterday. We were the only people there besides Fred & Marie. Trails were not groomed any where yet. But it was a good ride about 100 mile loop.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Thanks
Up to Libby Camps and back its a great ride with an awesome lunch. Gas @ Bowlen camps (can make it to Libby, I gas when ever I can)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
That is a great ride to suggest ! Love Libby Camps.

Smart to gas up. Shin Pond has gas too. We all think we know exactly how far our tank will get us...til a belt starts slipping mid ride or we have to tow someone...or take a detour by accident.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The two best rides I ever had were millinocket to kokadjo, to chesuncook to the trains and then millinocket to bowlin, to mattagamon and then to Libbys. I know stacyville is closed past the Huber road to logging so that throws a wrench in some great riding. The whole jomary system is great too just not much in the way of food, gas stops until like brownville which is south.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I want to throw a shout for Wildwoods. You can make the ride there as long or as short as you want in the jo Mary system. Wildwoods has gas and great food.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts