Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to John Dee it might be promising for us. Talked to the groomer last night and we have a good base on our trails at the WSA. To bad its solid ice.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
According to John Dee it might be promising for us. Talked to the groomer last night and we have a good base on our trails at the WSA. To bad its solid ice.[/b]
so at least it's a base, most years theres no base and you pretty much just ride the snow you got then it all melts and wait for the next storm so you can ride for 2 days

·
Registered
492 Posts
so at least it's a base, most years theres no base and you pretty much just ride the snow you got then it all melts and wait for the next storm so you can ride for 2 days[/b]

Couldn't have said it better myself..............

·
Registered
291 Posts
My weatherbug just issued winter storm watch with potential of 4-9" in nothest iowa southeast minnesota and southwest and central wisconsin fo wednesday into thursday. Lets all hope that come true. Just bought 2007 F-6 and want to break it in before we go to hayward area next wednesday.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
My weatherbug just issued winter storm watch with potential of 4-9" in nothest iowa southeast minnesota and southwest and central wisconsin fo wednesday into thursday. Lets all hope that come true. Just bought 2007 F-6 and want to break it in before we go to hayward area next wednesday.[/b]
I hope that comes to North Central Iowa too!!!! (Iowa Falls area)

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
Check out the new Weatherbug Message.....

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH THURSDAY AFTERNOON
Wswdmx

Urgent - Winter Weather Message National Weather Service Des Moines IA 348 PM CST Tue Jan 15 2008

... Significant Snowfall Heading For Iowa...

.Low Pressure Will Develop Over The Texas Panhandle Tonight. This Low Will Track East Across Oklahoma On Wednesday... Then Turn Northeast And Be Over Southern Wisconsin By Late Thursday Afternoon.

Worth-Hancock-Cerro Gordo-Humboldt-Wright-Franklin-Butler-Bremer- Webster-Hamilton-Hardin-Grundy-Black Hawk-Greene-Boone-Story- Marshall-Tama-Audubon-Guthrie-Dallas-Polk-Jasper-Poweshiek-Cass- Adair-Madison-Warren-Marion-Mahaska-Adams-Union-Clarke-Lucas- Monroe-Wapello-Taylor-Ringgold-Decatur-Wayne-Appanoose-Davis- Including The Cities Of... Northwood... Garner... Mason City... Humboldt... Clarion... Hampton... Allison... Waverly... Fort Dodge... Webster City... Eldora... Grundy Center... Waterloo... Jefferson... Boone... Ames... Marshalltown... Toledo... Audubon... Guthrie Center... Adel... Des Moines... Newton... Grinnell... Atlantic... Greenfield... Winterset... Indianola... Knoxville... Oskaloosa... Corning... Creston... Osceola... Chariton... Albia... Ottumwa... Bedford... Mount Ayr... Leon... Corydon... Centerville... Bloomfield 348 PM CST Tue Jan 15 2008

... Winter Storm Watch In Effect From Wednesday Afternoon Through Thursday Afternoon...

The National Weather Service In Des Moines Has Issued A Winter Storm Watch... Which Is In Effect From Wednesday Afternoon Through Thursday Afternoon.

Low Pressure Moving Northeast Out Of The South Central U.S. Will Spread Snow Across The Area Wednesday Afternoon. The Snow Will Continue Through Wednesday Night... Then Gradually Taper Off From Southwest To Northeast During The Afternoon Thursday. Snowfall Is Expected To Be In The 4 To 8 Inch Range Over Much Of The Southeast Two Thirds Of Iowa... With The Heaviest Band Likely To Be From West Of Lamoni... Through Des Moines... To Between Mason City And Waterloo.

It Does Not Appear That Blowing Snow Will Be A Major Problem With This Storm. Winds In The 15 To 20 Mph Range Will Likely Cause Considerable Drifting Of The Light Fluffy Snow However. Stronger Winds... Not Associated With This Storm... Friday Afternoon Will Likely Cause More Of A Problem With Blowing Snow.

A Winter Storm Watch Means There Is A Potential For Significant Snow... Sleet... Or Ice Accumulations That May Impact Travel. Continue To Monitor The Latest Forecasts.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
They've listed Mason City, but we won't get anything... it will either miss us completely or a big hole will open up in the storm and it will drop all around us. Just like always.

Oh well, if NE Iowa gets it again, I'll take another day trip over there on the weekend.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I feel a fatty coming on. It must be going farther East. Always trust your own body!!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Hmmph... Figures, We get snow get coming and I'm busy trying to get money to fix crank bearings!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts