Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Mrs and I are heading up to Seney, MI for a trip on december 16-19. Let me know if anyone will be up there then and we can hook up to ride. Always looking to meet other HCSers.

BluedgeX

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I've only have 1 trip planned to th U.P. this year and it's in February in the Keeweenaw.

If gas goes up like they say it's going to, this year is going to be VERY LIMITED riding for me.

Gald I didn't buy a new sled this year. :doh:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Originally posted by bluedgeX@Oct 13 2005, 11:11 PM
The Mrs and I are heading up to Seney, MI for a trip on december 16-19.  Let me know if anyone will be up there then and we can hook up to ride.  Always looking to meet other HCSers. 

BluedgeX
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928558
[/quote]
wife and i will be staying in newberry dec 11th thru the 16th.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
I am trying to see if I can get a sitter. My wife can't ride like yours does. For those who don't know, Mrs Blue Edge rides as hard or harder than most of the people I Know. Thank god my sleds are faster. Ha Ha.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
If the snow is decent then, I will meet up with you guys. :banana:

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Originally posted by turtleheadking@Oct 14 2005, 06:05 PM
I am trying to see if I can get a sitter.  My wife can't ride like yours does.  For those who don't know, Mrs Blue Edge rides as hard or harder than most of the people I Know.  Thank god my sleds are faster. Ha Ha.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=930244
[/quote]

Bring it on :div20: :celebrating: :beerchug:

We'll be organizing some rides this year...you guys ever ride Gaylord area?

Trying to get a UP trip going again if possible..

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone ride the week of the Soo I-500 ??

We will have trail sleds at most of the races

Dec 31-Jan 1 Runway Park 300
Jan 14-15 Open (Eagle River)
Jan 21-22 Michigan CAT 300, Lincoln
Jan 28-29 Cedarville Bay Grand Prix (300 laps)
Feb 5 I-500 (non-MIRA sanctioned)
Feb 11-12 Racing in Florida Formula Indy
Feb 18-19 Drummond Island 400
Feb 25-26 Albright Shores 300

Thanks
Pro-Cup Fan

·
Registered
110 Posts
Originally posted by bluedgeX@Oct 13 2005, 10:11 PM
The Mrs and I are heading up to Seney, MI for a trip on december 16-19.  Let me know if anyone will be up there then and we can hook up to ride.  Always looking to meet other HCSers. 

BluedgeX
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928558
[/quote]

Depends on snow for that weekend, weather is real iffy during december up there, anyways keep me posted wife and I can ride seeing as how I am working in beautiful Michigans Upper Peninsula for now.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
dont think i will make it planning a trip 24-27th munising up to copperharbor and back gonna saddle bag it again and hopefully not break sled this time around.
'
usaully make 2nd up run middle of febuary, and a few rides in-between in lower

·
Registered
20,649 Posts
I usually do. The best time to ride is durning the afternoon about 1 while the race is going on. the trails are great cause everyone is at the race. I like to be off them by like 4 though. Too many drunks leaving the race. Someone even wadded up a yamaha rx1 demo sled the reps had out there. Lets just the reps werent too happy. Last year i was way too drunk to ride. So i just drank all day at the race. good times.

Originally posted by PROCUP FAN@Oct 15 2005, 02:41 PM
Anyone ride the week of the Soo I-500 ??

We will have trail sleds at most of the races

Dec 31-Jan 1  Runway Park 300
Jan 14-15      Open (Eagle River)
Jan 21-22      Michigan CAT 300, Lincoln
Jan 28-29      Cedarville Bay Grand Prix (300 laps)
Feb 5            I-500 (non-MIRA sanctioned)
Feb 11-12      Racing in Florida  Formula Indy
Feb 18-19    Drummond Island 400
Feb 25-26    Albright Shores 300 
Thanks
Pro-Cup Fan
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=931658
[/quote]

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
It is not just the drunk sledders, we were out that weekend and had a minivan coming down the trail at us. Later we ran up on another car on the trail that was stuck. We helped them get out.

·
Registered
20,649 Posts
Originally posted by kodiakman76@Oct 23 2005, 08:50 AM
It is not just the drunk sledders, we were out that weekend and had a minivan coming down the trail at us. Later we ran up on another car on the trail that was stuck. We helped them get out.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=948865
[/quote]

cars on those trails are a problem. Alot of the lssu students try to be bad asses and 4 weel down them not knowing theres a 5 foot base of snow and get stuck. I about rear ended a jeep at about 60 when I came around the conor and there it was barried in the middle of the trail.

But I will be around those dates you have listed. If I am not busy Ill try to get out to seney and ride with you. :banana:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by knaffie@Oct 24 2005, 10:46 AM
Little early in the season to be counting on snow, isn't it?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=951259
[/quote]

Last year we made plans in Oct for mid Dec and when we went they had 4 feet of snow. So we are doing it again and taken the chance. Plus if they don't have the snow we don't go. Pretty simple

1 - 20 of 31 Posts