Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Northern Lower Michigan. Looking to load up & find a Lake that is Safe or Snow to ride on.

Anyone know where this is?????????????????????????????????????

Thanks Mike

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Colorado, Wyoming, Manitoba? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Do we haft to have a passport to go to Canada? Seems to me I heard the cutoff was near the first of the year.[/b]
Only if you are flying. Driving is still June 2008 I believe.

Just make sure you don't have any DUI's, feloney's, etc.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
P.S - I think it's only for Canadian's entering into the US. I don't believe that American's entering into Canada need a passport. Maybe someone else can confirm this. Here is a document from the Canada Border Services Agency website:

New American law will require Canadians to carry a passport to travel by air into the U.S.
Ottawa, November 24, 2006 – As of January 23, 2007, a new American law will require everyone entering the United States by air to have a passport.

The U.S. Government has announced the final rule for travel by air to the United States under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI).

“As of January 23, 2007, a new American law will require Canadians to carry a passport to travel to the United States by air,” said the Honourable Stockwell Day, Minister of Public Safety. “We are ensuring that our borders are kept open to legitimate trade and travel but closed to terrorists, criminals and other threats to our health and safety,” he added.

“Passport Canada has taken a number of initiatives in anticipation of this requirement and is confident it will be able to meet the increase in demand while maintaining its security standards,” said the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Until January 23, 2007, Canadians can enter the United States by all modes of travel by simply providing proof of citizenship and identity, such as a birth certificate and a government-issued photo identification (e.g. driver’s licence). After January 23, 2007, only requirements for travel by air to the United States will change. Canadians can continue to use such documents as their birth certificates and drivers’ licences to cross the Canada-U.S. border by land and sea for at least another year.

In order to continue to be able to travel to the United States by air after January 23, 2007, Canadians are advised to have a valid passport. In the case of travellers crossing into the United States through the Vancouver International Airport, where there is a NEXUS Air program – a joint Canada-U.S. trusted traveller program – a NEXUS Air membership when used at a NEXUS Air kiosk is also acceptable in place of a passport.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got off the phone with a friend in Houghton-Hanchock Michigan & they have 8-12 & the groomer is out too. :beerchug:
That is an 8 hour ride from my town one way. Damn - Damn - Damn. :banghead:
Here where we live along lake Michigan's east side we Always get Lake affect but the snow making machine is BROKEN. :fluffy:
That a lot of driving to get a day's ride in.I guess I will get the wax out again & close my eyes & make believe.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
445 Posts
went for a nice 70 mile blast today, :div20:

the passport thing is to get back into your country
by air this year,
by land in 2008

that sure will keep a lot of us home on both sides of the border

damn "the man"

most lakes here have around 10" of ice
we also have around a foot of snow

no groomer out yet

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.