Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using the standard clutching for the prox everyone else is using. It works well. I am turning about 8200 on a calibrated tach(thanks nickels) on flat panned trails.

It is alittle bit over reving....correct???? but in the loose, ungroomed, deep snow I should be fine, correct?

I don't want to buy a set of 66's if I don't have to.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Are you running 10-64? most stock piped 700 will not pull 10-66 weights unless its really cold and hard pack. your turning about 150 rpm to fast , it would pull harder if you get a lighter finish on the primary spring...... all the 700's I have looked at run 10-62 stock , adding 2* of finish angle to the helix would pull it down some also.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
if you are running 8200 you are hurting your performance unless you've got twins that move the power band up... the bigbore ves motors do not over-rev well... you should be shooting for about 7900rpm on a stock ported motor with a single pipe...

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using almond/blue, 10-64, red/blue, team #719 in #70 slot it does have a indyhead head job with a 098 belt.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
See what it does in the deep snow, if it revs ok, try just changing the primary spring to an almond/gold. Are you sure the secondary is not slipping a bit? If you have the black secondary spring, try it and see what it does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts