Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy boyz!

This is the first time using this site. I just purchased a new 05 F7 leftover from last year, and was wondering if i could pick your guys brains. I have rode a couple of them and was already thinking of some mods for mine when I get it. I heard the [email protected] clutch kit is good along with the y-pipe and pac system. Other than that is there any other concerns i should have with it or things i should watch out for. Any info would be appreciated!!!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm doing the same thing... My topics posted 5 or 6 down from yours. Good luck. Let's share what info we find.

Shinobi :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
sounds like you are on the right track. with PAC system(speedwerx1000 on this site sells some REALLY slick kits, i have one myself), clutch kit, and D&D y-pipe you should see some nice gains. Might want to look into a pipe to get the most outa the y-pipe. Congrats on the new sled, you will LOVE IT, and welcome to HCS.

Scott

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
welcome!! see you made it over from snowm. world!! think you'll get a lot of good info here. :beerchug: whats cormister anyways??

·
Registered
71 Posts
For the pipe try the bikeman pipe mod. It is cheap, and is a proven winner. Otherwise sounds like your on the right track with your picks so far. I haven't ridden a '05, but on my '03 one of the best things I have done was buy SLP powder pro skis. I bought the powder pros for out west, but found them excellent skis for the trails. If you only trail ride, I've heard that SLP straight line skis work great. Hope this helps you out, welcome to HCS! :div20:

·
Registered
378 Posts
the very first and best things i would do for your 05 f7 is get picks...and get the secondary clutch mod done from bikeman and get his clutch kit... that is about all you need to get your 05 running on top...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO. CORMISTER IS JUST A NICKNAME GIVEN TO ME BY MY BROTHER WHY I'LL NEVER KNOW. ANYWAYS I JUST CANT DECIDE WHETHER TO GO WITH THE BIKEMAN CLUTCH KITS OR [email protected] I WILL ORDER SOON THOUGH AND STUDS ARE ORDERED I AM TOLD 153 IS A GOOD NUMBER IF NOT LET ME KNOW. THIS SITE ROCKS FOR INFO AND ITS MUCH APPRECIATED. I JUST NEED THE F7 TO KEEP CLOSE WITH MY BROTHERS ZR900 AT LEAST MOST OF THE TIME. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO :beerchug: !!

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
153 is great for the F7, what size did you order. on the 1" track I'd order the 1.17'' or 1.25''. for the 1.35'' track I'd get 1.45'' or 1.5'' studs. should be a fun little rocket. those zr9's are fast though. best thing to do is line 'em up and see when you get all you want to do to it done. chutch kits I would say it don't matter too much. look into The Outdoor Shop kits also. Dan is a great guy. I might go with Bikeman though if your doing his pipe mod, or DD would also be fine if you run their y-pipe. talk to both bikeman and dd and see what difference they have, i.e enguagement etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts