Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i,m thinking of buying this guys 2002 vmax 600er with a few broken studs and 1 pulled through other than that its near mint 808 miles 2300 bucks but i,m wondering if anyone has a takeoff oem yamaha preditor track sitting around not studded or should i go for the ripsaw that the viper and apex sledds come with or just walk away from the deal ????

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Thats a tough call. That 600 will last forever when treated right, so engine reliability isn't an issue. The No-Action skit takes a lot of work to get set up right and once it is set up it is still sub par with the other sleds of that era. 2300 bucks is a decent price, maybe a little high, but the low miles are probably driving that up. As far as tracks go, a 1.25 ripsaw wll work great on that sled for almost all riding conditions you will likely encounter. Fuel Milage is also pretty good, depending on conditions, expect around 15 mpg. I would look to have him take a couple hundred off to help absorb the cost of a new track. Another thing to look at is what condition the rest of the sled is in. A couple broken and one tore through stud in 808 miles is a little excessive. Sounds like he may not have known what he was doing, and that might be a problem in other areas of the sled.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a tough call. That 600 will last forever when treated right, so engine reliability isn't an issue. The No-Action skit takes a lot of work to get set up right and once it is set up it is still sub par with the other sleds of that era. 2300 bucks is a decent price, maybe a little high, but the low miles are probably driving that up. As far as tracks go, a 1.25 ripsaw wll work great on that sled for almost all riding conditions you will likely encounter. Fuel Milage is also pretty good, depending on conditions, expect around 15 mpg. I would look to have him take a couple hundred off to help absorb the cost of a new track. Another thing to look at is what condition the rest of the sled is in. A couple broken and one tore through stud in 808 miles is a little excessive. Sounds like he may not have known what he was doing, and that might be a problem in other areas of the sled.[/b]
thats what i,m thinking about but he allready dropped down 400.00 when i told him the track is junk and a new ripsaw was 400.00 but i then emalled him my offer of 2000 and no reply yet i,m thinking he thinks the next person won,t catch it he might just rotate the track so the pulled stud is on the bottom ?? thanks for youre reply

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
i,m thinking of buying this guys 2002 vmax 600er with a few broken studs and 1 pulled through other than that its near mint 808 miles 2300 bucks but i,m wondering if anyone has a takeoff oem yamaha preditor track sitting around not studded or should i go for the ripsaw that the viper and apex sledds come with or just walk away from the deal ????[/b]
My wife drives a 03 vmax 600 er, terrable gas milage (10.5) compaired to my viper at (14) even while jumping on the throttle. Other than that very dependable sled. Handles and rides awesome

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
My wife drives a 03 vmax 600 er, terrable gas milage (10.5) compaired to my viper at (14) even while jumping on the throttle. Other than that very dependable sled. Handles and rides awesome[/b]
Hmmmm, that's interesting. My 02 Sx600r gets roughly the same milage as my wifes 03 Viper ER. (kinda backwards huh?) I would look into getting youor carbs tuned, and maybe jet down a little. You can safely drop a jet on hers and be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts