Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys! I usually don't post over here in the Manitoba forum as I am from northern New York and we can usually ride in the states and Quebec by now. Unfortunately, as you are well aware we just cannot break this warm spell and rain. I understand there is plenty of snow in your area. My buddy and I have all week next week off and are looking to ride. How far is it to a good riding location from say Montreal, QC or Albany, NY? Would like a place that we can ride nice 200 mile loops from on well groomed trails and a nice hotel/motel and restaurants. Obviously the closer the better. Any advice and distances would be VERY MUCH appreciated!

Shane

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
1700 miles from Albany to Winnipeg. Not sure if you're willing to drive that far. Eastern MB would be my suggestion if you're up for the drive. Even The Pas would be good, but that's another 6-8 hours on top.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hi Shane.

We are long way from Montreal 2400 km/1500 miles to be exact that's 24 hours of non stop driving doing no less than 100K per hour (60 mph roughly) so it's like 30 hour drive at least :)

Looking at the snow coverage map on the home page, Northern Quebec and Eastern Quebec along the St Lawrence has as much snow as here by the looks of it post in that forum that would be way way closer.

But if your set on coming here guys here can give you lots of info :div20:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Northern Quebec does have the snow, just very limited trails. Looks like we will be doing a little more "hunting" for snow out our way. Thanks for the replies, be safe and have a great winter! :div20:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey I live in Gillam Manitoba 12 hrs north of Winnipeg great riding lots of trails, lakes, swamps 2'-3' of snow if you go on the Manitoba forurms in Gillam ride there's a few pics

·
Registered
426 Posts
Ilovetoys,

Just took a look at ofsc site and locals clubs have not reported conditions, do you have an update or a link or tel #'s etc, I would like to maybe drive up next week but need some direction.

Best,
Slednutz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.