Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm pretty new to this stuff but i have been trying to put together
a 2003 edge 800 and i bought a set of new old stock SLP cheater heads but do not have the coolant jacket that goes around it. so id like to buy one of those, if somebody has the frame and heads ill buy both. or even if there is someone who can make something for it to work
Font Pattern Document Paper Circle

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
I believe the stock cover goes back on. That’s the cheater part. Because it’s hard to tell by looking at it. The domes should pop i and out of the slp head and use stock orings. Unless you just bought the domes them selves. Then you would need a machinist to cut your head up to accept the domes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe the stock cover goes back on. That’s the cheater part. Because it’s hard to tell by looking at it. The domes should pop i and out of the slp head and use stock orings. Unless you just bought the domes them selves. Then you would need a machinist to cut your head up to accept the domes.
yes i bought just the domes, thats what i was figuring. just hoping to find the slp adaptor so i would not need to cut up my factory heads

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
What size dome did you get? They consolidated the listings in the later years and would still run too much compression on flat land piped sleds. Just curious, I went through all this on one years back and ended up running 50.5cc domes at 1200' with slp single, case porting, mild jug work, bumped timing. Would run 91 pump fuel reliably then, never would on stock head and pretty sure if I used the recommended 48cc dome it would have been too high also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts