Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the automotive teacher at New Prague High School and we also offer a course called Powersports. We work on motorcycles, four wheelers, and snowmobiles in this course. Right now we have 3 motorcycles and 5 snowmobiles. All of the sleds are from the 70's or 80's and in terrible shape. I was wondering if anyone had some 90's or newer sleds in decent shape that they would like to get rid of? They do not have to be running but it would be nice if they had all of their parts so the students can work on a complete sled. I cannot add to my inventory because of space limitations but I can upgrade. Please PM me if you have anything! Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do you get some sort of paperwork for tax purposes? Also how is the value of the donated sled figured? My wife has a 96 Indy 500 that is still a very nice sled and runs perfect, the only problem is that since we had kids she has only rode about 300 miles in the last 5 years and over the summer the steering post froze up solid. I was able to free it up with a long prybar and some penetrating oil only to have it seize up again after it sits for a day. A new steering post is $110 from Polaris and dealer wants 3 or 4 hours labor to fix and I am just not ambitious enough anymore as I ride a new sled every 3-4 years and get rid of them before they need anything major. Thanks

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as tax purposes, you will get a letter from the school and you can deduct the 'fair market value' of the vehicle, using kelley blue book or similar service.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am the automotive teacher at New Prague High School and we also offer a course called Powersports. We work on motorcycles, four wheelers, and snowmobiles in this course. Right now we have 3 motorcycles and 5 snowmobiles. All of the sleds are from the 70's or 80's and in terrible shape. I was wondering if anyone had some 90's or newer sleds in decent shape that they would like to get rid of? They do not have to be running but it would be nice if they had all of their parts so the students can work on a complete sled. I cannot add to my inventory because of space limitations but I can upgrade. Please PM me if you have anything! Thanks, Kevin[/b]
If you are still interested in donating, you can deduct the 'fair market value' of the vehicle being donated. Let me know if interested, Kevin

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If no one has whole snowmobiles, would also accept parts, such as whole engines, rear suspensions, etc. Anything would be useful

·
Registered
647 Posts
Have you asked some of the manufacturers directly?? They should have loads of stuff to donate.
A good friend of mine teaches Auto Tech in Cheboygan, MI & he has requested & received engines, trans' & entire cars/trucks from various OEM's. Like you, his biggest issue is having space to house them, so he turns them over. Obviously, the parts cannot be sold & therefore MUST be scrapped or returned for scrap. He doesn't get a title, so cars are not able to be transferred. Seems with the dwindling support for schools, you are the one that must aggressively persue the resources you need.
Good Luck...keep up the good work!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts