Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
60-80 on food....what the hell r u eating Joeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

You r correct though ....don't think the ZLR is ready for Canada sounds like I am not welcome AGAIN...thanx Big Toyme !! DICK

·
Registered
326 Posts
Food and fuel up there are way more expensive,others will post there experiences--maybe im off a total of $20 per day. ($200 for the pass &$200 per day would be my best guess if I had to give you a number, credit cards are a must )

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Food and fuel up there are way more expensive,others will post there experiences--maybe im off a total of $20 per day. ($200 for the pass &$200 per day would be my best guess if I had to give you a number, credit cards are a must )[/b]
Credit cards a must.....tell that to those people at Auberge Du Lac Taureau. You know Joe, the place with those 100 barking dogs.

·
Registered
326 Posts
not sure what your referring to?

Credit cards are a must because visa/mastercard does the exchange rate for you at the best rates available,carrying alot of canadian currency is costly as it costs you money to convert from american and costs again to convert it back to american

·
Registered
239 Posts
Tell us about the chalet,trails,location ,travel time ect.
What is the game plan??
I need details before I commit to spending $1000.
How much snow is on the ground NOW ??ect...ect..

I don't want to sound like a prick, but I'm the type that likes to know these things ahead of time...I have never been to Canada to ride so I am clueless, + I run my own Business and need to plan ahead as much as possible !!

Thank You !!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Mike, the only major expense is the fuel up there. When we we're out there 2 years ago, we paid $4 cdn a gallon. But the gas was $1.90 here in the US at the time. So I'd venture to say its about $4.50-4.75 cdn a gallon. Not sure what the exchange rate is, so I'd be off track to convert that to US funds. Its our intentions to arrive friday and leave on monday. George (rgnbull1227) located a cabin for us. It's goona cost $500 for 3 nights, and supposely it will sleep 9 maybe 6 comfortably. At this point in time they don't have the snow cover to make this trip a pleasent one. We're keeping a close eye on weather and trail conditions before we committ to goin up there. Right now this is starting to snowball, and not sure who will be going up with us. So far there is 4 of us that are in for this trip. Joee, Slowgoer, and Dan are more then welcomed to come along. We've riddin many times together and I know your not the type to leave us hanging.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ron I will check here often...keep me posted via pms, e-mail or call me 585-202-7267...thanx !!

I myself can't wait another month for snow here it's getting rediculous !!

·
Registered
17 Posts
If anyone is interested me and some friends will be going to Shawinigan Quebec just outside of Grand-mere the week of March 8th.

We been going for the last 5 years and there has been plenty of snow at this time. We usually leave on a wed. and arrive back sunday night. We get reservations for one main hotel where we leave are trailors and vehicles. Then ride the trails and stay at motels on the trail..we found this much easier then just going back to the same motel everynight,more trail rideing and not the same scenery. We know most of the hotel owners pretty good now and they give us great deals.

Last 3 years we have had 10+ people. Last years cost was roughly 900-1200 dollars u.s. a person. "Includes 1 year trail pass"

Also as a reminder this is a guy tripp, we do a couples trip at the same place in the first week of Feb. If anyone is interested or would like more info just let me know.

I'll will be posting all the info later this week on our snowmobile club web site Tri-Town Trailblazers

·
Registered
336 Posts
Snowy you guys still talking 1/12-14? If it snows I might come along. Close the office, I don't care at this point in time...

I need snow more than more money at this point in time...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts