Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, just getting back into the sport myself! I can hit the trail right from my house here in Hilton, NY but I'm sure I'll be trailering to wherever the fun is from time to time
Oh very cool! How long was the hiatus? I had to rebuild my 07 so i was out a couple years. I do want to hit up the parks this year though. Lets hope for lots of snow.

·
Registered
2021 Indy Adventure 850 137"
72 Posts
Oh very cool! How long was the hiatus? I had to rebuild my 07 so i was out a couple years. I do want to hit up the parks this year though. Lets hope for lots of snow.
Hmmm.. we'll, the last sled I owned was a Skidoo Elan as a kid back in the 80s, so the hiatus has been decades. I'm 52 now. It's crazy that I've been away so long, but hey, life happens..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmm.. we'll, the last sled I owned was a Skidoo Elan as a kid back in the 80s, so the hiatus has been decades. I'm 52 now. It's crazy that I've been away so long, but hey, life happens..
Seems like everyone had one of those back in the day. I grew up with formulas when i was younger. Never owned one but family always had them. I'm fairly new to the sport so i went as hard as i could and just rebuilt to gain the knowledge on how to take it apart and put it all back together.
Life can get nuts that's for sure. Glad you are back in the sport!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would if they get some snow. Last season they missed out on most of the snow.
Well from what i have been reading we are supposed to get hammered this year. One can only hope for an amazing season this year for sure. I have never took the sled to the park. seems like it could be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well from what i have been reading we are supposed to get hammered this year. One can only hope for an amazing season this year for sure. I have never took the sled to the park. seems like it could be a lot of fun.
I sure hope so. Last year, while short, was great. From the 2nd week of Jan to the end of Feb, we did not get above freezing so conditions across most of the state were awesome. I am definitely in for a ride through letchworth this winter. Just got back from camping there last weekend.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I live in Holley. I just moved here last year from Michigan. I just bought my first sled in over 10 yrs. Also looking for local people to ride with. I work overnights at Walmart in Albion. I have Sunday and Monday off and go in on Tuesday night. I have a 2000 Arctic Cat ZL440. Art

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I sure hope so. Last year, while short, was great. From the 2nd week of Jan to the end of Feb, we did not get above freezing so conditions across most of the state were awesome. I am definitely in for a ride through letchworth this winter. Just got back from camping there last weekend.
Yeah last year was a bust for me. Didn't get to breath the sweet sweet smell of 2-stroke oil. Maybe I'll see you on the trails.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I live in Holley. I just moved here last year from Michigan. I just bought my first sled in over 10 yrs. Also looking for local people to ride with. I work overnights at Walmart in Albion. I have Sunday and Monday off and go in on Tuesday night. I have a 2000 Arctic Cat ZL440. Art
Hey Art,
Glad you made the switch to NY, although Michigan does get a bit of snow. I have actually never made it out albion way before. I mostly ride Genesee, Wyoming and Allegany counties. Those 440's are pretty neat. Is it stock?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts