Hardcore Sledder banner

Looking for Hotel recommendations in Gaylord Michigan

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  edog600 
#1 ·
We are trying to plan a trip to head up to Gaylord, Michigan. We've ridden the area before, but we're struggling to find a place (hotel or motel) to stay at while in Gaylord. Most everything I've seen has poor marks at best. The other issue is food considering the whole virus restraints. Any suggestions on a good place to stay? We've looked at Quality Inn. Can you get to the trail while staying there, or do you have to trailer to it? What about the Waters Inn? Any experience there? Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Jim

#2 ·
A little north of the Waters Inn is Heart Lake Cottages - Gaylord, MI directly across from snowmobile trail.
Prior to owning our own place we stayed here for many years.
Similar price as hotel/motel but you get your own cabin with full kitchen and all dishes etc.
IGA groceries (fresh meat counter), hot prepared stuff (homemade pizza) with gas pumps, beer/liquor/wine etc is only I mile south right on snowmobile trail.
Exit 270 off I-75.

Enjoy!

#6 ·
I agree

Never stayed at Heart Lake cottages, but they are always busy. We have rented a house on Heart Lake before. If it was me and was thinking about a cabin/house, I'd go online and order some groceries from either Walmart or Meijer online, then just drive up to Gaylord and pick them up at the time you selected. In the beginning of all this crap, when we was going to our place in Jo-burg. We would order online and either pick it up at the Walmart in West Branch or Gaylord depending on the days and time available.

#9 ·
In the past I've stayed at that place next door to that one called the Quality Inn now. It wasn't so Quality but it was an Inn and with Gas across the street and the Big Buck when it was open was a nice area to ride from. You didn't have to trailer then either. I'm surprised that you would now. Has something changed with the access trail there next to the I75 ?

#13 ·
Perfect, that was what I was hoping for. Thanks alot! Of course at this point, we just need SNOW. What a slow start to the year. I'm sure things can and will turn around quick.... at least that's my hope. I haven't ridden in 6 years, and just picked up the new 850 SB Assault, so to say that I'm anxious to be out is an understatement.

Thanks again, and stay safe.

Jim

#16 ·
I'd rather be down in Waters due to the crowds that go to Gaylord. It's like the busiest town in lower Michigan when there is snow. We stayed at the Waters Inn about 7 or 8 years ago, and it was nice. I remember there being a gas station right down the street.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.