Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am new here....looks like a great site.

A group of us booked time off to head to Quebec this coming weekend.Sleds are gassed up and ready to load on the trailer.
Normally we leave from Cross Point...and do the Gaspe Bay.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get from Cross Point to Amqui?

If need be...we could base out of Amqui and do short day trips....we just want to sled!

Any info would be great....

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
hi !!

right now you better forget it !!! it rained for the last 2 days and heavy last night !!! i live 50 miles west of cross point and 12 miles east of amqui .did you check the p-o-g thread ????

groomer !!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.....uggg

Guess we will not get our trip in.We thought of driving to Matane and taking the ferry to the other side,but looks like there is no snow there either.

I did check the forecast for the next few days looks like you might get some snow on Monday.

Thanks very much for your help.

What is the P o g thread?

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
Thanks.....uggg

Guess we will not get our trip in.We thought of driving to Matane and taking the ferry to the other side,but looks like there is no snow there either.

I did check the forecast for the next few days looks like you might get some snow on Monday.

Thanks very much for your help.

What is the P o g thread?[/b]

p-o-g.....pic s of the gaspesie !!!

matane and baie comeau area are not better too !!!!

groomer !!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks Groomer...very much.
Plans were not to leave till Friday 12th...so I will cross my fingers and hope we can at least do the run from Cross Point to Amqui............right now I would drive 8 hours to sled for an hour!
Maybe we get snow tomorrow,forecast is calling for some.

Once again thanks very much!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go to Mt Valin and hed to Zec Martins Private trail system. Just got back, 3 day pass was $35 and worth every penny. They have a ton of snow, no traffic and perfectly groomed trails.

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
thanks Groomer...very much.
Plans were not to leave till Friday 12th...so I will cross my fingers and hope we can at least do the run from Cross Point to Amqui............right now I would drive 8 hours to sled for an hour!
Maybe we get snow tomorrow,forecast is calling for some.

Once again thanks very much![/b]

Do your self a favor and take the sleds off the trailer and wait. The Gaspe has been classed in the top three riding areas in North America. Don't rush yourself and go before the conditions are good, and they will be good within 2 wks ( my guess). I can give you some tips on your Gaspe excursion if you want, I have done it several times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks...we have done the Gaspe,many times and you are right it is wonderful.Did the north shore....crossed at Matane,wonderful there as well.
We go three times a year a week or ten days at a time,just getting anxious is all.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
right now the trail look like this on both side of the truck logging road this morning ,just outside town .snow was still wet and the trail was ''soft '' !!! about 4 '' of packed snow .

groomer !!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Groomer...thanks VERY much.....!!!!!!!!!
I checked the weather and looks like 10 cms of snow are possible for you tomorrow.I will hope for that for sure.

We are going to call the Yammi dealer in Cross Point and see later in the week if it is possible to get from Cross Point to Amqui.

Looks like your weather is going to get colder.

It was VERY kind of you to take the pics....we owe you a beer,when we finally get to Amqui!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
We all owe Groomer a beer. He gives good, honest info. And takes great pics!!!

Good luck on your trip, I hope it works out for you....[/b]

I have seen Groomer drink Beer and he would be more than happy to take you up on those free ones wouldn't you Groomer.

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: thanks guys !!!! andy , remember about those pm about the bbq!!!!! :smilielol: about the snow,friend called me early this morning and he said we should have 6'' for tomorrow.looked at the weather channel ,snow for tomorrow ,but they don t say about the quantity !!!

pic s :january 06 coming back from a few miles north of la cache !!! to be honest i m doing a little test about posting pics up and down instead of sideways .hope it ll work and don t forget i m not a computer guru !!!! :smilielol:

groomer !!! :beerchug: :beer: :beerchug:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Go to Mt Valin and hed to Zec Martins Private trail system. Just got back, 3 day pass was $35 and worth every penny. They have a ton of snow, no traffic and perfectly groomed trails.[/b]
Do you have contact information for the zone? Where do you enter it? Jalobert?

Good places to stay? Any info appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Groomer....saw the snow predictions for your area...10-15 cms for tomorrow.....crossing my fingers that I have to buy you a beer!
All year long I look forward to our trips to the Gaspe...my brother and his wife have been going for ten years..we have been going for the past four years.One of my fav runs is from Cross Point to Amqui...... I will keep a look out for the GROOMER now.
Hope I do not bother you to much but would like to stay in touch this week.My brother is going to call the Yami dealer on Tuesday and see how things are in Cross Point.
Keep me posted if you get any snow....if you do a snow dance I will get you dinner and as many beers as you wish!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.