Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the topic says, I need a testing area within an hour or so of St. Paul. Preferably a lake with a few inches of snow, but a ditch would do. Not incredibly familiar with the area and need a place to park my truck and stuff. Really want to try some clutching setups and get some miles on my sled to work out any bugs. Not sure if the lakes around here are frozen enough, probably not, but how far north do I have to go? Thanks for the input..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Like the topic says, I need a testing area within an hour or so of St. Paul. Preferably a lake with a few inches of snow, but a ditch would do. Not incredibly familiar with the area and need a place to park my truck and stuff. Really want to try some clutching setups and get some miles on my sled to work out any bugs. Not sure if the lakes around here are frozen enough, probably not, but how far north do I have to go? Thanks for the input..[/b]
About 1.5 hours from you: Take I35E south to Hwy 60 (in Faribault) west to Elysian, Park at the trailhead lot on right and ride south. Trail is a old rail bed that is paved for bikes in summer. You can get some good 1000' runs on trail or the hay fields next to trail were very smooth down trail about 5 miles on right. Lakes in the Metro are all open water so stay off unless you want to go for a swim.

·
Registered
861 Posts
in MOund about an hour from St Paul in rush hour there is an old railroad bed called the luce line it has some very good snow on it[/b]
I will second that. I just came off the luce line which wasn't too bad for a change. I didn't get too far down the trail as my sled crapped out on me about 5 min into the ride. Probably the trail crossing on 19 or 110 would be the closest to you. Both have parking lots to unload. The lot on 19 is bigger.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I will second that. I just came off the luce line which wasn't too bad for a change. I didn't get too far down the trail as my sled crapped out on me about 5 min into the ride. Probably the trail crossing on 19 or 110 would be the closest to you. Both have parking lots to unload. The lot on 19 is bigger.[/b]
were you buy the road to get to the high school or game farm road? On a 440? if so I probolly road buy you twice

·
Registered
861 Posts
were you buy the road to get to the high school or game farm road? On a 440? if so I probolly road buy you twice[/b]
Possibly, we dropped off at 110 and I made it to the first road crossing (gravel). I was sitting on the trail on the east side of the road and later moved onto the road. Yes I had the green sno pro. I was wearing a black and green jacket with a blue polaris (borrowed) helmet. Thanks for stopping to help!!!!!!!.........JK, buddy I was riding with went back to the truck and drove over to pick me up. Looks like I have a few more issues to pound out.

·
Registered
391 Posts
as far as ice thickness the lake my parents live on has 11inches and it is near sauk center in central mn

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Possibly, we dropped off at 110 and I made it to the first road crossing (gravel). I was sitting on the trail on the east side of the road and later moved onto the road. Yes I had the green sno pro. I was wearing a black and green jacket with a blue polaris (borrowed) helmet. Thanks for stopping to help!!!!!!!.........JK, buddy I was riding with went back to the truck and drove over to pick me up. Looks like I have a few more issues to pound out.[/b]
yea I thought about it but saw someone there the first time by and figured you were just waiting for a truck or what not

You still planning on making it to the meeting?

·
Registered
861 Posts
yea I thought about it but saw someone there the first time by and figured you were just waiting for a truck or what not

You still planning on making it to the meeting?[/b]
I am not sure about the meeting. I actually didn't forget this time but I have 3 sick kids and a sick wife at home right now so I am unsure if I will be able to get away tonight. It is still a possibility.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.