Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal. Ive been riding the Edge's for the last three years and now want to move up to the Pro-X. I have around $5,000 to spend , and looking for a nice used one with low miles. All ive been riding the last 3 years were 600's. Now I feel like the 600's are just not enough for me. Don't get me wrong, the 600's are quick but i feel i need a little more power. So now im in the market for a 2003 Pro-X and maybe a 2004 Pro-X if the price is right. Just want to know if theres been any problems with the 2003 700 or 800s. And also if theres any updates that need to be done with them. Thanks Guys, Give me some input :help:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
My vote is get a 600 and save up for a 660 kit. Unless you're running against a well-tuned 800 or a super well-tuned 700, the 660 will win more than it loses... The tuning of the 700 and 800 from the factory stinks.

·
Vendor
17,630 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisRacer@Aug 26 2005, 03:39 PM
Here's the deal. Ive been riding the Edge's for the last three years and now want to move up to the Pro-X. I have around $5,000 to spend , and looking for a nice used one with low miles. All ive been riding the last 3 years were 600's. Now I feel like the 600's are just not enough for me. Don't get me wrong, the 600's are quick but i feel i need a little more power. So now im in the market for a 2003 Pro-X and maybe a 2004 Pro-X if the price is right. Just want to know if theres been any problems with the 2003 700 or 800s. And also if theres any updates that need to be done with them. Thanks Guys, Give me some input :help:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=848893
[/quote]

Here is my thought, my 03 Pro X 600 will spank a Pro X 700 through the trails as is, you said you have $5000 to spend. I'll sell my 03 Pro X 600 set up for trail riding for $3800, save your cash and drop a 660 kit in it next season and go after the 800's. Seriously, not just because I'm selling mine but from experience the 700 is a dog and the 800 isn't a class leader.

·
Vendor
17,630 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisRacer@Aug 26 2005, 07:14 PM
Hey polarisidiot, how many miles are on your 600 and what kind of shape is it in?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849131
[/quote]

It's in awesome shape, it's listed in the Classified Section under **FORSALE PRO X 600***. It has high miles but both cylinders still read 125 p.s.i., read about the sled and you will see that it has been well maintained and needs nothing.

5500 Miles

Paul

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The 700 has been Pol's best motor since 2002.............good power and no valve problems! :beerchug:

·
Registered
4,990 Posts
pro x 6 wont smoke pro x 7 through the trails. the 6 is only 5 lbs lighter, but the 700 makes up in power. i would get the 700, because its just as fast as the 800 is.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Originally posted by ProX700man@Aug 28 2005, 08:45 PM
pro x 6 wont smoke pro x 7 through the trails. the 6 is only 5 lbs lighter, but the 700 makes up in power. i would get the 700, because its just as fast as the 800 is.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851419
[/quote]

I echo ProX700man's thoughts. My best buddy is a life-time Poo guy. He's on his third ProX, a ProX800R. Before that he had two 600's. As stated in one of the above posts, he really felt like he gave up a lot of power when he "upgraded" to the 800. He was really discouraged, said his 600 was definitely faster and quicker. It took a whole season of trial-n-error with the jetting (never saw a guy stop so many times on the side of a trail to change the jetting :help: ) to get it to an acceptable level. He still wasn't satisfied, so last year he ordered a pipe and clutching. It's still not where it should be, but he needs to tune the clutching in yet. I think the 700 is the best bet...it's a little faster than the 600, and not far off (if any) from the 800. I guess if you really want a fast 800, go for the XCSP, right?

Depending on what year you end up with, there were some cooling issues, with the '03 if I remember correctly. I know they sent my buddy a different snowflap for his to keep more snow in the tunnel. They also had to do something else, maybe purge the cooling system, or remap the 'puter??? We had to take his in the shop on our first trip out because he thought he blew a cylinder, but it really shut itself down to keep it from detonating and the shop had a fix for it.

Too bad Poo gave up on those sleds. They were definitely one of the best trail pounding, mogol-bashing sleds of all time.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
go for a 7,as ggood as a 8 with a little tweak,but more dependable,

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tallcool 1, I like too go fast and would'nt mind a XCSP 800 but I like the aggressive style of the Pro-X. To me the XCSP's are just to laid back if you know what i mean. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Get the 7, dial it in good and it will walk a 600. Best looking sled around in my opinion, can take a beating too.......

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Originally posted by PolarisRacer@Aug 29 2005, 07:53 PM
Tallcool 1, I like too go fast and would'nt mind a XCSP 800 but I like the aggressive style of the Pro-X. To me the XCSP's are just to laid back if you know what i mean. Thanks for the info!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=852602
[/quote]

I hear ya! BTW, does anyone know why the ProX line didn't get the power the XC's got? What was Poo's thinking there? Just that the guys bashing the moguls with the ProX's wouldn't be the same guys wanting to race across the lakes too? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
HP was very close (within factory tolerances according to the dyno pulls i've seen), the chassis on the p-x is less efficient, therefore less power to the ground...

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you can come up with $6,000, I have a 2004 700 Pro-X bought from Team Motorsports in December of 2004 with under 700 miles and a bumper to bumper warranty til December of 2006. Its got the diamond plate aluminum skidplate, Powermadd hand guards, 192 Saber Stainless Steel studs, 10" carbides, oil caddy and in one week it'll have a red and silver Boss Highrise seat(being built right now). I don't have pics but you're only 20 miles from me if you want to see it. This thing is mint.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I love my 600. It will hold it's own against the 700. But the 700 pulls harder at higher speeds. My ridding partner has the 7 and 0-60 mph they are pretty close but the 700 edges by about a sled every time and after 60 the 700 pulls away. As far as top end, we did speed runs with a radar and the fastest I could get my 6 was 103. The 7 hits 105 in the same distance.
The 7 uses a little more fuel than the 6 he usually puts 1 more gallon in when we fill up.
I think the 6 has a nicer sound than the 7 so does my buddy. But the 7 will out perform the 6.
The main reason I like the 6 more than the 7 is insurance premiums. They take a big jump in michigan over 600cc.
The XCSPs have more top end than the ProXs and that is due to the skid approach angle and the driven clutch being a Team instead of the Polaris.
If your looking for the trail sled that handles like you are on rails and not that interested in lake running and such the Pro-X is the way to go 6 or 7.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts