Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a mint near new 144" track for my 900 Mountain Cat, anybody got one or know where to get a new one for a decent price, mine has one stud ripped through and the hole is a little bigger than a square backer, or do you guys think it could be fixed, if so who is the company that fix's them I think there by Barrie, any help would be appreciated, Thanks

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
have successfully repaired tracks with exactly those issues a number of times. What I do is trim and sear off any hanging thread, look carefully at the hole and see if it has rips in any corners - if so I ALWAYS take a red hot old drill bit and drill into the track right on the end of the tear - this will keep the tear from spreading.. Next I buy two washers that are large enough to overlap the edges of the hole by at least 1/4 inch. You may have to shop a little to get one with a small enough ID hole for the 1/4 bolt your gonna use and still have a big enough OD to cover the hole BUT they are available!!!
Install it so it covers the hole, tighten the 1/4 20 bolt and nut down tight enough that the track is being squished real good.. When your done, take a grinder and grind the end of the bolt off so it is not acting like a stud - you want as little pressure as possible on this spot. I have done this to lots of my sleds and to many of my buddies sleds with great success.. DONT try using a stud back in this repair - this spot should never have the stress of a stud again!!!
Another word of advice that I started doing about 20 years ago and it really adds life to my tracks.. When I store my sleds for over a month I ALWAYS raise the back end, loosen the springs, loosen the axle bolts and track adjusters and run my track wayyyyyyyyy forward so its just hanging loosely. Of course,, greesing and covering the whole area with WD and a cover goes without saying.. Also,, when I reset my track tension I ALWAYS set them to just where they dont ratchet.. THe loooser the easier it is on everthing..
Hope this helps!!!
Ripperrrrrrr

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The hole is pretty big Ripper, I'm going to take it off any way cause I'M going to put new bearings in the axle so I'll have a better look at it then, thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got my last one from TracksCanada.net. (I was in Calgary at the time and so are they - but I'm sure they ship also.)

Bought a camoplast x-country for my mountain cat. 151x1.5 lug. Works pretty good. Hard on the sliders though mainly due to the clips on every third. I'd recomend some ice scratchers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts