Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Already did once--tough part to find-good or bad--ving.sleds too-no luck--we'll keep looking!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't have a spare box but I thought you'd like to see what i picked up last week. Found this not 5 miles from home and for a REALLY good price. I have a 72 alum. bulkhead 440 triple EXT chassis that I have been searching for a motor for a couple years. The motor was rebuild some years ago with a welded & trued crank but was never run. Needs to be cleaned up and the carbs switched but it should be a good runner.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like ya scored with that!!! Were still looking--I got an idea-Take your cdi to hewtech -copy-and we'll buy it!!can do???know where any ext's for sale that you don't want??Thanks!!!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sounds like ya scored with that!!! Were still looking--I got an idea-Take your cdi to hewtech -copy-and we'll buy it!!can do???know where any ext's for sale that you don't want??Thanks!!![/b]
Don't know of any for sale right now. A guy I work with is trying to track down his dad's old 340. We sold a couple to Lex Langston (sp)from Canada a few years ago. He had one for sale a while ago but I think he sold it. Wouldn't hurt to check.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you Darv's son Ike ? I was just reading bout Darv's career on retrosno the other night. Good history and pics. I found a 440 triple out west there(shes been retro'd 80 % but the belly is still cut up (holes-vents)from the ole' racing days)- I may buy but I also found one back here I'm going to look at next week ! Were still looking for a 250 and 650--but no luck yet. Found 1 250 but no sell. --Whos this guy ya sold sleds to,how I get hold of him? Talk at ya later,David

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yup, that's us. I'll try to find Lex's number for you. Super nice guy, even though he's a Canadian. Just kiddin, very good guy, mainly into Cats.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Ike,that sled I'm looking at has vents cut in it just like the one on the com. cat manuel--My copy says Ken Moum # 1008 --was he a racer back then --I'm thinking this sled I'm looking at was in that sleds team--cut-in vents look alike-I figured the same team probably did venting the same. Just curious what the history might be-if I buy it. I like the history as much as the sleds. Just brought a 290 home today--basket case but very clean and a red tag block-need top half. Also looked at a 440 triple too-may get it--alot of $$$$ --so I dont know which one. Let me know bout Lex ### --or whatever ya find--Thanks,David

1 - 14 of 14 Posts