Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 2004 pro-x 440. How hard is it to trail convert? Would like to install oil injection, trail head, and larger tank - what would that cost? What is a fair price for an 04 in good condition? What do you think of the 04 440's? Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
search around on here, there is a lot of info about these sleds. The biggest problem I have picked up is that the center crank bearing siezes up unless you split the case and drill some oil passages to it (right guys?) The heads are around $130 I believe and you can pick up a used tank around 50 or less. I got mine for 40. If the sled is raced and beat up I think a fair price would be around 2500-3000 for it. As for oil injection I think there is a kit out there to put it one but I haven't heard too much about it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
238 Posts
yes....i just bought my in very nice condition with a brand new track for 2600. but beware of the center bearings. i blew my original up already and just recently installed an 05 motor. drill the hole in the case and you will prolly be fine. and in you premix run 28:1!! unlike 40:1 like i was told otherwise you will be lookin for a motor in a short order. good luck...these sleds are blast!!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
rev tank setup is the way to go for ergonomics, cost, and ease. I've got a setup off my 04 I'm selling. Click the link in my sig for pics and PM me if interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts